GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read the post about the 2610 and using the cell-set from Kennedy Technology, But I see nothing about the 2610, only the street pilot 3.
the pic show the plug that fits the street pilot 3

My other question,

Is there a place I can order a mount for the new 2610??
I had the ram mount for my street pilot 3 but I see nothing
for the 2610 model. I've got this new great 2610 model and have
no way to mount it to the bike. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Kennedy Technology, maker of the Cellset, will have the 2610 harness on the market shortly for direct hookup to the Wing.

As for the cradle, GPSCity offers Garmin’s new "Motorcycle Mounting Kit," which allows you to easily move the StreetPilot 2610 from the car to the motorcycle. Their harness has a bare wire cable that lets you connect the unit to direct power, and it has a 2.5mm audio jack that lets you plug in an external speaker system to hear all of the GPS voice commands. Unforntunately, the kit is currently out of stock

Your choice - you can wait for Kennedy Technology to get their harness on the market or order from GPSCity.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
I saw on another post, (CRS=which one) Kennedy will be coming out with a harness for the 2610 by the end of the month.

Ya might what to e-mail them and ask directly

www.cellset.com (i think thats it) :shock:

·
Registered
296 Posts
GL8100 Mount for 2610

I have a 2610 that I am learning to use in my SUV. I am very familiar with the SP III, so the 2610 is not that new to me. I have a mount on order from MObileCX (www.mobilecx.com) for the 2610. They tell me that the part was 'held up in customs', so I am still waiting to see it. Supposed to be a cradle similar to that for the SP III, with a RAM-type ball on the backside, to fit the RAM mount that I already have on my bike. I'll take some pics when I get the adapter and get it all installed.

As for the power/sound connection, I have purchased an extra Garmin 12v adapter, which has a built-in spkr. I did the same for my SUV, and hard-wired it in, saving the portable adapter for my wife's car. I plan to cannibalize the spare adapter for the 1800. I have a Kennedy GPSet for the SPIII, into which I should be able to splice the appropriate wires for the 2610.

Hope this helps. The 2610 is a new product, which I believe will be well supported for the 1800, but it will take a few weeks for everyone to develop the quality products that we all expect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts