I hope not as I have a 2009
and realy want to have two Running bikes, one old and one new

Thanks,

Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Great project you have. Looks to be in great condition and a second engine to boot! i did my 77 a couple of years back and enjoyed the project to no end. Rode it for a season as a naked wing. It still sits in the garage waiting for the day when i decide to put it back on the road.

Before you even try and start it, put a new set of belts on. They can be done pretty easily if the old one are still in one piece......marks lined up.

Not many good old mechanics around my parts to help.

The only suggestion I would have is to learn how to set those darn dual points. i played with them for the entire summer and could never get them just right. But, that is just my abilities and patients hitting the limit. I have been thinking about finding an 1100 engine and dropping it in. I know there will be some to say that's just not right but my bike is not restored original any way.

Also take your time in the carbs. They're interesting.
:congrats:
Enjoy the project and keep us up to date

·
Registered
297 Posts
Naked goldwingweb site will tell you how to bring an old Goldwing back to life from the first thing to do to the last before starting it. Also Randaks cycle shop will have your oem carb parts and a video for rebuilding the carbs.Super good video.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
pm me with your phone #. I can give you the information you are looking for. The 75 I rebuilt is on loan to Honda of Houston in there showroom surrounded by the new models. Call me, I can help.
Kurt :thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts