GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have been following this forum faithfully, i don't think anyone has come up with this topic. Here goes,I do wear a helmet, but do not like full or half helmets/zip-on ears( except in cold weather riding. Is there a way to hook up a boom mike to my 1/2 helmet using the external speakers instead in the helmet. I have a hand mike, but would like the convenience of using the "push to talk " lever on the handlebars. This forum has been a great source for me and i enjoy all the different boards!thanks in advance, Andy

·
Registered
109 Posts
I installed a Ed Set Sonic Boomer in my half helmet by mounting the boom in the helmet just in front of the forward chin strap mount. You could do the same thing with just the boom mic. Since the Ed Sets are modular you could mount the dongle and the boom mic and not mount the speakers. Just leave the speaker plugs there in case you want to mount the speakers later. There is no room to mount the dongle and mic base so I used an exacto knife to cut recessed areas in the styrofoam padding to accept the mounts and a small channel in the styrofoam from the mounting locations to the edge of the helmet to let the cord from the dongle and boom mic sit into. Everything is very secure and would work well for your application.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts