GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a Kriss modulator for about 5 years now, which has been trouble free. It's only connected to the right hi beam and I recently noticed that light was out. I figured it was the bulb; when I changed it, the new bulb didn't light up. When I checked the modulator and wires, I found the red wire coming out of the unit was cooked. I figure I can make things, but I can't find where the red wire goes to. Anybody with a Kriss have any ideas? Thanks.

Ed

·
Registered
272 Posts
I use Kriss products on all my bikes. I would suggest that you contact Kriss Industries 520-629-8800 and talk to George.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
As stated above , the red wire is to program the modulator for different applications, calibration, etc.

If it is melted, modulator is toast.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I connected the red wire to a power source. The light goes and it oscillates at about once every three seconds; it used to oscillate at about once per second. So now the question is, will I do my bike electronics any harm having the red wire connected to a power source? If I need to disconnect the unit, the right hi beam won't work; anyone know how to reconnect to the original state? If left a message for George at Kriss, but haven't heard back yet. Thanks.

Ed

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Today I removed the red wire from the power source. I expected that the right hi beam would not work but it did, and it oscillated, although at a slow rate. I tested the light sensor to make sure it shut off when I covered it over; it did shut off. I then went back to reinstalling the top shelter and rechecked the hi beams about an hour later. Now the hi beams come on and oscillate at the rate I originally set it at. Ask me to explain how this whole situation reverted to normal function and I'll reply with a big shrug of the shoulders. I don't know what happened, but I do know that it works again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts