GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone help me with the routing of the wire on the LED saddlebage molding. How it is routed and where in the tail light housing the holes are drilled. I down loaded the installation instructions, but am having a problem how the wire is routed and where the holes should be drilled. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :?

G

·
Gladiator,
I don't know if this will be much help, but here goes. The rear housing has three (?) screws that hold it on. Once these are removed you have the light housing in your hand and the wires to them. I had to look, re-look, and re-look again at the drawing before it made sense. The wire, from what I remember, ran from the inside of the bag where the hole is to be drilled to the housing. I cannot remember exactly where the hole is drilled in the light housing, but if you really look at the drawing, and take your time, it will come to you. They are a nice upgrade to the bike and add alot of visability.

Sorry that this is not exactly what you asked for, but this is the best I can remember.
PaMike

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
here is photo of my wires from the bag door to tail light on the left side of the bike.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
Gladiator,

I dug out my instruction sheets for the led trim... not much there to help you.

after you have the tail lights out, it really is obvious where to run the wires and leave some slack for the bag door to be open.

Route the wires first after the trim is mounted.... zip tie them to the OE harness. I soldered my wires instead of the quik connectors that were supplied.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts