GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am buying a ne 07 nav. equipped goldwing. I am having CB added before delivery. Other than that, in your opinion, what do I need to go ahead and have added at purchase time. For your information, I am more concerned with function than form. I want to run an mp3 player through radio as well as cell phone, wife will have heated clothing, I'm 6'2", 240lbs and she is 5'5" and 135lbs., and will probably run another GPS unit as well.

Any ideas will be helpful, so let me know what additions/accessories you have found to be most useful.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
ligons said:
Any ideas will be helpful, so let me know what additions/accessories you have found to be most useful.Thanks,
I put 12v "cigarette" type plugs in both the left AND right pocket.
It seems like there is always something you'll need extra power for.

I added the Kissan taillight modulator ... I'm very impressed with that.
http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/store ... =240333795
Dennis

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Does the Nav eddition come with heated grips? If it doesn't, they are a nice addition and they're easier to install if the dealer does it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Goodies

Congratulations. Highway pegs are a must if you do long rides. I'm short so I put on a set of risers. It has helped the back pain and reach. A lot of guys put on fog lights. While fancy they are also functional. Can never have too much light at night. A kickstand that is long and has a wide plate so you won't sink into the pavement. Kury makes a good stand. I also put on the spoiler. It looked too great to pass up. I didn't go with the CB unit. Too much $$$$$ and from what other riders tell me not many people use them so I'll wait and see.

Bob

·
Registered
19,232 Posts
gas-

gps-nice boots,jacket and helmet

no chrome

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
With your height, you might want to take the link in my signature. I'm about your size and it took over 18 months for me to get everything right. You may or may not need to do everything I did, but it will give you an idea of what type of problems you may have. Your dealer will not be able to make MOST of the installations.

Good luck and if I can be of further help, PM or email me.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info, guys. I especially appreciate the link to getting comfortable. I have had to modify every bike I've ever owned to some extent so expect I will have to do the same with this bike. However, I usually ride one for several months before I start messing around with changing stuff just so I know what I can get used to and what I can't.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If you are going to run another GPS take a look at the Garmin 2820.
I just installed one on my 06. It is everything in one unit. Cell phone (bluetooth), MP3 player, GPS.
Its easy to use while we are going down the road.

:cop2:

Ken

·
Registered
638 Posts
Bakerbuilt hand and air wings are essential for control of and protection from the wind.
Also a power outlet in the trunk comes in handy.
If you have a rear spoiler I would NOT put on a trunk rack. They are too heavey for the trunk lid and will just create problems.
Many other accessories are personal preference items.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
ligons said:
I am buying a ne 07 nav. equipped goldwing. I am having CB added before delivery. Other than that, in your opinion, what do I need to go ahead and have added at purchase time. For your information, I am more concerned with function than form. I want to run an mp3 player through radio as well as cell phone, wife will have heated clothing, I'm 6'2", 240lbs and she is 5'5" and 135lbs., and will probably run another GPS unit as well.

Any ideas will be helpful, so let me know what additions/accessories you have found to be most useful.

Thanks,
Is this your first Wing?

If the answer is yes then install everything you can find - Some things you will use and some you will discover you won't need in the real world.

I'm on my wing number 4 and the only thing I've added is Highway pegs, Electric connection Fog( Running) lights, Connections for heated clothes.

Anything more than will be your personal prefence. Less is more you find that out as you get more time on the wing.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Belly Pan, Backrest,Lower Fog Lights and Rear Spoiler "Lighted".

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
ligons said:
I am buying a ne 07 nav. equipped goldwing. I am having CB added before delivery.
Since the CB is being installed by the dealer before delivery, make sure to get them to clarify that the CB will be included in the bike's three year warranty. Otherwise, they may only honor a one year warranty on the CB.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts