GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
15 year Member
6,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With my hat in my hand I am asking someone on this board to help me with an idea I have. I need someone to help me "see" a 2007 with paint and powdercoat mods on a paint program/ photoshop, to get a nice large picture of a dark red metallic 07 wing and photo shop my ideas onto it so I can see what the mods will look like before I invest the money. If you are a professional in this field I could compensate you for your time and effort. ***

I do not own this software and even if I did, I would have a difficult time with it.

Thank you,

Matt(Ashland,MA) :tools1:

***I promise to keep my Arab pals away from this project....

·
Registered
386 Posts
Matt I can probably help you out, I'm pretty proficient at Photoshop. Just let me know what you need.

Tbb

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Matt, old buddy

Why I would be more then happy to drive up and bring some of my daughters finger-paint stuff with me. While it's a little old, I'm sure it will still work and we can try out all sorts of color combinations on your bike to see what you might like. All you will need to do is put me up, cover food and drink (that could hurt), and of course allow me the chance to express my newfound artistic side. Did I mention that I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night? :shock:

·
15 year Member
6,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wheels said:
Matt, old buddy

Why I would be more then happy to drive up and bring some of my daughters finger-paint stuff with me. While it's a little old, I'm sure it will still work and we can try out all sorts of color combinations on your bike to see what you might like. All you will need to do is put me up, cover food and drink (that could hurt), and of course allow me the chance to express my newfound artistic side. Did I mention that I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night? :shock:
Hey Wheels,

Thanks so much for your response to my post...

I think that is a great idea!!! I will get the wing your whole family can come here as my guests and have your daughter finger paint the whole wing!!!!! My Arab buddies will be here and after the paint thing we will take pictures together have some BBQ pork ribs, and drink till we are half blind, go for a ride, find some harley chumps and challenge them to a "see if you can do this" drinking challenge!!

Remember when J-mac challenged you?... you spun around in your chair, did a sustaining "wheelie" then took a shot without missing beat??? We could make enough money bettin' on that to get my bike painted back to normal after your daughter "expresses" herself !!!!!

Your the bomb dude, keepin' me in the Northeast till Cats-Cade!! Can't wait to see ya all!!

Matt(Ashland,MA) :shock: :shock: :shock: :flg: :biker: :a13: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Hey Matt,
I think you're going about this the right way.
I'm not a power user of Photoshop but I did take a Honda pic and
change the color of the lower (gray) stuff to roughly match the Burnt Orange of the 07.
The 07 Gray parts are larger than in previous years (due to the added hot air vent system) and I found that changing the light gray color to the darker Burnt Orange color really made those parts look larger and more bulky and give the bike a "bottom heavy" look. I know that the actual 3 dimensional look of the bike itself will probably not have the same appearance as the 2-d photo workup (highlights, reflections, shadows, etc), but after seeing the "bottom heavy" look I decided not to put the darker color down low until I've actually seen another dark color 07 with it done.
DC :)

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Matt,
Give Quick Draw a PM. He does that stuff for a living.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
iwing said:
How about this for a new color. :shock:
Well, The new metallic black sort of looks like a Black Olive
so why not have a Green Olive too.
Let's see.... :wink:
We have Candy Apples,
Big Yellow Bananas,
Oranges of various flavors,
The White ones look like the Pillsbury Dough Boy,