GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have new lexan windshield with a sticker glued on. I tried hair dryer, Honda cleaner, soap & water and Tulsa 502. I am at a loss, HELP

·
Registered
451 Posts
Can you get some dental floss under an edge and work it across? Just a thought. I've used it to remove sticky tape stuff.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Don't laugh but try peanut butter. Smear it all around and on the label, let it set over night, take a damp warm soft cloth and wipe it off, repeat if necessary. It works for me.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
windshield

goo gone works well removing sticky glue residue. wd-40 also does a good job. I'm not sure if either of these are safe to use on windshields.
JD

G

·
0 Posts
elkk said:
Don't laugh but try peanut butter. Smear it all around and on the label, let it set over night, take a damp warm soft cloth and wipe it off, repeat if necessary. It works for me.

creamy or chunky? :beer8:

·
Registered
891 Posts
Chunkie is ok if you chew it up first.

I would not put goo gone on that screen,it will give you fits.Never heard of peanut butter,but worth a shot.I did use :wink: cooking oil and had luck. :wink:

·
Curious Member
877 Posts
Have you tried contact cleaner or a heat gun (as opposed to a hair dryer)?

·
Registered
824 Posts
Several years ago I heard about the Peanut Butter and here it is again, just maybe there might be something here.

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Wal-Mart carries a product in their painting section called "Oops!". It is a mild solvent that removes lots of annoying stuff. You can get a 5 or 6 ounce can for a buck and a half.

Hardly a week goes by that I don't grab that can to take care of something...

http://www.homaxproducts.com/catalog/oopsmulti.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts