GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pretty mechanical and electrically savvy. I also understand the instructions that came with the modulator. I am all set to spend hours, if neccessary, to track wires with a multimeter. I do not have a service manual. My problem is... I removed all the faring plastic, yea, all of it windshield, mirrors, dash, speakers, etc. I had yellow plastic scattered all over my garage. This is crazy! I can't find access to the headlight wiring to save my life. The best I can do is reach down next to the risers and pull the plug at the headlight and make the most fundamental connections which won't allow some of the cool functions of this modulator, like the light sensor, etc. Does anyone have this T-shirt yet?, (wiring diagram/schematic) or the majic hole that opens up to the wiring for the lights. Thanks for any help!

Ronnie :yw1:

·
Registered
536 Posts
Ronnie, just two months ago I was in your situation exactly :( . I then decided to purchase the "plug & play" Kisan modulator and sold my Signal Dynamics modulator on E-bay. It was one of the best decisions I've made (aside from purchasing the GL1800 in the first place) :D . You're going to have enough work putting all that Tupperware back on without struggling with the "spice & dice" wiring that the Signal Dynamics modulator requires.

BTW: On the Signal Dynamics web site there is additional information about wiring the modulator to a GL1800. I didn't find it helpful, however. And, I also am pretty handy when it comes to mechanical and electrical work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts