GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rear Cobra tire with 8,800miles is completely worn out on the left side but the right side is still in relatively good condition. What should I look for? Only thing I noticed lately is that when I hit a bounce, the front seems to dip towards the left. Is that a sign of a suspension issue and if so, how do I check it? The bike is an '07 with 45K, all balls, Hyper Pro front and rear.

Attachments

·
Vendor
18,425 Posts
I have never run that tire. But used to be in the car/Lt truck tire business. Isn't the Cobra known for good cornering? If so, that means a stickier tire compound and long mileage are oposite each other. In otherwords, when you have good cornering, you give up high milage. That tire looks worn out from a lot more left turns then right turns. So you did a lot of u-turns to the left. If you want a longer lasting tire, change brands.

·
Registered
7,616 Posts
You are fine. I think, however, that you run too low a pressure or don't pay close attention to it. Thanks for a great pic to add to my collection.

:fullsize:

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Looks like a tyre carcass defect :shrug: i ran a cobra rear for about 14k it performed well and wore out normal

CHEERS :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Kind of strange every tire wear issue is left side? All tires sold in USA for the last 80 yrs are all defective because of left side wear.:shrug: I think the last 80 threads on this issue all reinforce the fact we get more wear on the left in USA.

·
Registered
7,616 Posts
Kind of strange every tire wear issue is left side? All tires sold in USA for the last 80 yrs are all defective because of left side wear.:shrug: I think the last 80 threads on this issue all reinforce the fact we get more wear on the left in USA.
It is not strange and your statement is true:congrats:. I have communicated with folks in Singapore, Europe, and some other places that have left side driving and they all have "strange" RIGHT side wear.

Click the picture below and read. There is even VIDEO and a CAR TIRE! That should get you going.

:fullsize:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts