GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife doesn't care for the padded look, what can I tell her. I believe that it is padded and armored in the right places to help if you go down. Any insight.....

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Holly hates the back pad so she took it out. She didn't like the shoulder & elbow pads until she got used to it & now she doesn't notice it when wearing it. I tried mine with out the back pad & I also like it better without it in the coat.

·
Registered
615 Posts
SilverFox, I wear one and love mine. Might just buy an extra one. I took some of the padding out of the back for more comfort around my neck line. And that fixed the pushing up part against my neck.
You do get used to the pads being there and it really hangs nice and the pads stay out of the way. I do have to roll up the sleeves one roll they are too long for me.
I didn't think I would like the padded look either til I followed a fellow woman rider and it sure made her look great. It showed form and function and also looked great, like tapering in at the waist.
Tell you wife to put it on, sit on the bike and take a picture from the back you will see what I mean. She will probably like it if she knows she looks good in the jacket. MHO
Hope this is what you wanted. Good luck Joy

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Silver Fox said:
My wife doesn't care for the padded look, what can I tell her. I believe that it is padded and armored in the right places to help if you go down. Any insight.....
Both the wife and I have the Phjoenix jackets. We removed the "removable armor" so the jackets just have the sewen in padding and she "likes" the way she Looks!! :D I like the way she looks too 8)

D

·
0 Posts
Padding

Simple, tell her you dress for the "crash" not the ride.
And, that the "padded" look is better than the "cast" look and the "traction" look. :D

·
Registered
399 Posts
I found that mine rode up from hitting the seat...so I cut the bottom off of it..only about 2 inches or so.they are marked on the protector so it's easy. Then, because it was hot in the summer, not allowing the vents to work, I took a piece of copper pipe about 4" long and sharpened one end and using a block of wood and a hammer, punched out alternating holes in the back padding...now I still have the protection I bought the jacket for and it doesn't ride up and the air circulates through.........Others are right...dress for the unexpected get off........ :eek:

·
Registered
92 Posts
First Gear Mesh Tech Jacket

My wife didn't like the way that the JR fit her, so she went with the First Gear. Has all the features that the JR Phoenix has but just isn't as harsh in appearance as the JR.
Honest truth is that I am considering a Mesh Tech to replace my JR.
Try this site for a look see at what a First Gear looks like.
http://www.newenough.com/ladies_firstgear_meshtex2_jacket_page.htm

·
Registered
177 Posts
mesh

I bought the first gear jacket last year, and just got my pants yesterday. Will try out the combination tomorrowe during the St Paties Day Parade in LA Ca. roger/orangestreak

·
Registered
615 Posts
Hi Joy, about your jacket, is yours the Phoenix? Mine also rode up and hit my neck all the time. So I took out the onepiece that was hitting my neck. None of the safety parts.
I always seem to have pretty much air. Does the shorter jacket stay tight to your waist.? TIA Joy

·
Registered
98 Posts
Silver Fox said:
Wife & I have owned many jackets thru the years, now ware only First Gear, best looking, very comfortable , high quality, great price for what you get.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I appreciate the input. I guess I'll see what happens.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts