GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get the wing in the basement (walk out style of course) before the snow flys and the mirrors need to come off to do so. Won't be getting a hold of a service manual until end of November so if anyone has one. Could you please look into what is involved in removing them.

It's either that or I take out the slding glass door & replace it with french doors. But I think it would be a lot cheaper just taking the mirrors off if it isn't a major project.

·
Registered
148 Posts
re mirrors

Just pull back the rubber gaskets and bingo there are two 10mm bolts to remove and off they go !

Easy squeezy Japanezy!

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
If you are a Klutz like I am, Once you pull the mirror rubbers back, stuff a rag in the whole. This way when you take off the nuts and they fall, you will be able to find them.

Very easy to remove.

Bulldog

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Bulldog said:
If you are a Klutz like I am, Once you pull the mirror rubbers back, stuff a rag in the whole. This way when you take off the nuts and they fall, you will be able to find them.
You don't have to be a klutz, there's a black hole inside the fairing that draws all fasteners into it never to be seen again!!

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
PunkinWing said:
Bulldog said:
You don't have to be a klutz, there's a black hole inside the fairing that draws all fasteners into it never to be seen again!!
HONDAS new idea !!! it keeps your floor cleaner!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: chuck ...yep I have done it too :lol: :lol:

I

·
0 Posts
Don't forget to disconnect the wires to the lights/turn signals that everyone else forgot to mention. Of course I suppose you could just let the mirrors dangle on the wires and still get through the door. :roll: :lol:

Ride safe.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Porbably, but .....

Jas said:
Will It go in If you fold the mirrors back?
I had know idea they folded in :roll: . Didn't see anything in the owners manual about that feature, but I've heard from others that they do ...... so they must. :shock:

Will have to look into that tonight.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Sir,the most important thing you need to do.don't forget to stuff the rags into the entrance to the black hole.Remember the rags,I used the regular red shop rags and I mean literally used the rags several times in the reinstall.Good luck.Neverhome

1 - 9 of 9 Posts