GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Call HDL and ask to speak to someone who can help.

That would be an option.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
these dont have a plug on them. these have to be spliced in:shrug:

·
Registered
104 Posts
I also purchased the same piece. I cannot figure where to attach a splice. I'm kind of anal about splicing into the factory harness. I do have a Trlr.harness w/isolator and wouldn't mind splicing here,but the brake function would blink w/turn/right/left. PLEASE I need help on where to pick up a brake light connection, preferably a plug that I could tie into. The previous thread starter stated how short the instructions were with only short wires coming out of the light. Thanks in advance. Your OlBuddy

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
All the wires you need are right behind the inner fender center piece.

Tail is brown/white and brake is green/red with ground being solid grass green. The wires are usually black for ground on the part side and just feed one of the other wires to the feed wires on the piece until you get the desired result.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
I just wired mine to my trailer connection. I also put the wires through the back of the fender behind the plate where there is a rubber plug in my '06.

·
Registered
104 Posts
​Thankyou Waldo . Your a good man to have around. Very precise ,and saved me a lot of hunting.
Yes Jerrieric mine also has that hole. I believe 06 and up.thank you both for such a quick reply.
Your OlBuddy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts