GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I’d mention that newbies would be well advised to check out some of the specialty boards...... especially if you plan to make modifications or do maintenance on your Wings.....I don’t expect you’ll find too much info on the 1833’s yet ( I’m sure the info will come as it becomes available) but there is plenty of stuff for the 1832’s.
The tech board is extremely helpfull, but the search function is not the greatest.....it can be frustrating if your looking for something in particular....there is a good chance the info your looking for is there but it can be difficult to put your finger on it.
If you use the search function, and you don’t find what your looking for......it’s probably best just to ask for the info on the General Message board and the members that have been around for a while are usually happy to help....( the odd person might suggest you learn how to use the search function....but as I’ve said...it’s not the best)
The “How to Step by Step” board has a lot of great information with pictures and thoughtful step by step instruction.
I recommend you browse through all the pages to see if there is something you might want to try.
I just posted an update on that board about a detentioning tool you can easily make to help you do a valve clearance check. The original poster ( innovator) did a great job with his step by step.....I added a few comments after building and using said tool.
Good luck finding what you need.....i guaranty the info your looking for is here!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Searching for things on the internet, in forums etc can be problematic for people because of terminology. What I call something is NOT necessarily what someone else calls it. Some people are simply not aware of what the "proper" name of the item they are trying to locate information about. What I call (for example) a Clutch Reservoir will be really difficult to find for someone searching for "that little box on the handle bar". Also there are some people who are mechanically inclined and some who are not. I'm pretty much of the latter class myself. I have a friend who can, and does, take old bikes, barn finds etc. strips them down to the last nut and bolt and rebuild them til they look and ride like brand new bikes. He enjoys doing it. Me, not my cup of tea.
Bottom line: Be patient with folks, and work with them on the help they need. I'm not much of a fan of the wise crack answer to a serious question. It can be funny to some and a turn off to others.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts