GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
motorcycle cowboy
2013 GL1800
1,101 Posts
Congrats. Henry called me the other day and I decided to pass. I hope you are happy with it. I'd really love to ride one before I lay out that much money.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
LOVE mine --- I think it's the single best aftermarket thing one can do to the Wing.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Congrats. Henry called me the other day and I decided to pass. I hope you are happy with it. I'd really love to ride one before I lay out that much money.
Next time you are in the Chicagoland area let me know,I will be glad to let you take my 2016 Henry equipped wing for a long ride. You will love it!
Billy

·
motorcycle cowboy
2013 GL1800
1,101 Posts
Next time you are in the Chicagoland area let me know,I will be glad to let you take my 2016 Henry equipped wing for a long ride. You will love it!
Billy
Thanks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
With the popularity of the Henry’s, one would think that California SideCar or one of the other trike kit manufacturers would offer such an upgrade…I’d be interested…

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I installed my Henry’s final drive on my 2006 Wing in the spring. I have ridden with it for about 5000 miles and have to say it has been all I hoped it would be. Great investment, I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2008 level 4 Red
242 Posts
I’m thinking I may be getting a call soon. I’m on his list! I was trying to find a spare drive to send in but haven’t found any near by yet.

·
Premium Member
2016 F6b Deluxe Traxxion Mega Henrys Final Drive
364 Posts
Next to my Traxxion suspension it’s the best add on you can do. Was worth every penny. I never understood why honda geared a touring bike like a quarter mile drag bike. It fixed the twichy throttle, shifting in the middle of intersections and screaming engine at modern highway speed. In 5th I don’t hit 3,000rpms until 83 mph.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Next to my Traxxion suspension it’s the best add on you can do. Was worth every penny. I never understood why honda geared a touring bike like a quarter mile drag bike. It fixed the twichy throttle, shifting in the middle of intersections and screaming engine at modern highway speed. In 5th I don’t hit 3,000rpms until 83 mph.
Should be interesting, I run a 70 series Tire. I may have to go back to the stock tire.

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Should be interesting, I run a 70 series Tire. I may have to go back to the stock tire.
Don’t forget your going to need a speedo healer. I chose the heal tec brand. If you have a garmin gps you can correct it exactly. I also picked up a gear indicator. It’s not needed but is pretty cool except it doesn’t work when clutch is pulled in. The heal tecs are plug in, no splices.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
With the popularity of the Henry’s, one would think that California SideCar or one of the other trike kit manufacturers would offer such an upgrade…I’d be interested…
A buddy of mine with a trike said he thought it dogged it out for twisting up down mountain roads. 3 Rd he said was his go to gear in such but it turned to a dog for his style riding. He s between second and 3rd all the time now.😧

·
Registered
596 Posts
A buddy of mine with a trike said he thought it dogged it out for twisting up down mountain roads. 3 Rd he said was his go to gear in such but it turned to a dog for his style riding. He s between second and 3rd all the time now.😧
Henry's drive does not work on a trike,only regular two wheel wing!

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
9,594 Posts
Because in 2001 Honda wanted the Gold Wing to be sporty and fast...and it was...no other touring machine was as fast as the Gold Wing was in 2001.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
They probably wanted to also keep the rpms up more to clean the blue hair lug-masters engine up on occasion on the highway. 5 gear is also a no brainer gear above 40mph, damn near an automatic.

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
With Henrys you don’t use 5th until 65, good or bad. Imo thats good with an engine that has equal hp and torque. Just a guess though. Its just so damm smooth with a Henrys. I like it. My original final drive sits in a box on the shelf with 17k miles incase I ever want it but I don’t. Actually the new ratios are similar to the Gen 6 dct. Honda kinda fixed it. I don’t know how fast it will go now, Henry dynoed it at 177 but thats without wind. Garmin says Ive visited 118 and there was plenty left if thats a thing for you. I “ll pass on any more with an H rated tire. With or without a Henrys a kt1600 will eat our lunch if the kt holds together. My bike has never been to the dealer for an issue beyond a tire change.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts