·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
I prefer working for what I get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So do I.... and just for the record, you worked for it. You paid into the program for at least 22 years.

But when you complain about watching your past 22 years of building your one man shop go down the tubes, and state you have no unemployment options..... I thought you might have wanted to know there is some help now.

I guess you just wanted to complain. My bad.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Is this what you are referrin to?

Not really sure which program(s) apply. My neighbor is self employed and mentioned she was able to get help with a new program. That's why I suggested Winger reach out to see what was available.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
So do I.... and just for the record, you worked for it. You paid into the program for at least 22 years.

But when you complain about watching your past 22 years of building your one man shop go down the tubes, and state you have no unemployment options..... I thought you might have wanted to know there is some help now.

I guess you just wanted to complain. My bad.
Sorry for sounding flippant but I was told long ago that as a owner operator of a one man shop I was not able to draw unemployment when I suffered a slowdown in my workload. If that has changed I have never been informed of that in my state. I will look into your link. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,950 Posts
Not really sure which program(s) apply. My neighbor is self employed and mentioned she was able to get help with a new program. That's why I suggested Winger reach out to see what was available.
It depends. If your business is incorporated, and you pulled a regular paycheck from the business and paid unemployment insurance, then yeah, there might be some recourse. Every state is probably different, but here in Ohio. single member LLCs are exempted from unemployment, and don't pay the insurance. You can't lay yourself off and collect if you don't pay into the program. But there might be options in the stimulus package. I don't know.

But if you are a sole proprietor, that means you have no actual paycheck, and you don't pay into the unemployment insurance program. In that case you are out of luck. You pay self employment tax, but that goes to social security and Medicare.

·
Registered
19,950 Posts
For those who expressed frustration at mediated news reports and wished for source data, in this case on the effectiveness of chloroquine/hydroxychloroquine (macrolides are a class of antibiotics such as zithromycin):

Now you know that nobody pays attention to the experts.

The rest of the world has moved on from hydroxychloroquine after the initial reports many months ago were proven to not have any merit. It's only here in the US that some people are still clinging to that snake oil. I wonder why that is. (That's a rhetorical statement.)

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
That would depend entirely on where you get your news, and how much faith you place in the DPM.

141 - 153 of 153 Posts