GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
I wanna know you the lucky guy was that got to sit on top of the trailer and run the camera????????

That must have been a fun ride!!

·
Registered
681 Posts
KYBLUE said:
I wanna know you the lucky guy was that got to sit on top of the trailer and run the camera????????

That must have been a fun ride!!
LOL :p

Me too!!

·
Registered
902 Posts
That video was shot by Doug Peifer, a member on this board from New York on his black GL1800 and the camera was mounted on his black Bushtec trailer. The guy on the GL1800 being captured on tape is also a member on this board. I don't know his name. Frank, "HiYoSilver", may remember who was riding behind Doug, but I think Frank left the Sturgis area before this video was shot. I believe LaMonster and Big Joe were riding ahead of Doug when this was shot. If Doug sees this thread, he can tell us who is being video taped.

W

·
0 Posts
"Riding Faster then everyone else only guarantees you'll ride alone"

Gezzzz...... didn't Yellow Wolf say that once.........LOL

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Maybe it was the time of day or something, but that road looked wet to me..

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I like the way that video looks. I wonder if they can mount one under the trailer how it would do? But then you have to be careful not to pull the whole camera setup off. What did they use to mount that camera to the top? Suction cup mounts or whatelse?

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Does anybody know "exactly" how they mounted the camera? I would hate like hell to put velcro onto the paint of my bushtec. It would have to be a rather ginger process, I would think?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just got to see this post so now I can comment. I gave John at Bushtec permission to use the video. The rider behind me is Royal Blue from Raleigh NC. The camera was mounted to the top of the trailer using a Velbon tripod. The tripod was held down with bungee cords to the cargo holding mounts that came with the trailer. Small pieces of carpet were used to prevent any scratches to the trailer. The camera was turned on at the Sturgis side of Nemo Road and we just let it run through the entire ride. I am working on a more elaborate system that will be ready for the Rockys Gold trip. A high end camera with remote panning and dash mounted monitor. If your going to Rockys Gold prepare to be in some neat videos complete with music. Here's the link to one of the original videos I posted a few months back.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 0872&hl=en

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hedo, How about breakfast somewhere in Colorado, sometime in July. If not there's always Catscade.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Doug, mounting the camera to the trailer for stability is a great idea. (Thanks for sharing, Lewis) It inspires some ideas of my own.

Shooting from behind the bike is cool when you've got someone following you. I'm thinking... to film your (my) own solo rides, turn the camera around facing forward. You could use a taller tripod and get a great forward view as if you were sitting on the back seat of the bike. I would definitly use a clear filter on the lens to protect it from bugs and such.

I may experiment with this myself. I'm thinking it would be pretty easy to rig the tripod or monopod to my cooler rack on the tongue of my trailer. I would think though, that you get a more stable presentation farther back on the trailer because you get to utilize more of the trailers suspension, but I have nothing to mount my tripod to back there.

For solo rides, I like the idea of the camera facing forward. Your idea is great for filming riders behind you. I would love to see a video of myself tearing up some twisties. It could be very educational to improve my riding technique... and just plain ol' entertaining.

Thanks for sharing the video footage. VERY COOL!!!
See ya at Cats-cade and in the Rockies.

8)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Theres a fellow in my area that films your riding while sitting backwards on the back of another bike while in front of you.He does a very nice job at it. Don't know his name, but works out of a small town in N.Kentucky called Rabbit Hash.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Also love the audio; who is it? 8)

·
Registered
101 Posts
So you want to see the camera facing forward. Here's a video for you to checkout. It works great as long as you get the camera up high enough which I think I did. If you want to get video of yourself and others this is the way to go. Sorry for the sad ending!
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 4232597579

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Doug,
Both were great videos!

Personally the ending on the second one sums up exactly what I feel like while riding. Heaven surely will contain roads like Nemo in it.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Re: Here is how you can video your friends riding behind you

I have to say that was pretty cool. It did give me an idea too since YW is out of the filming business. Maybe I will put a tounge extension on my trailer, turn the camera around and film myself riding deals gap<G>! Just KIDDING, or not!

Lewis/EC said:
http://www.bushtec.com/videos/vid-01/vid-quantum_top.html

1 - 19 of 19 Posts