GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Does anyone know of a GANG of Goldwng riders? I sure don't.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
The general public and the politicians don't recognize a difference, one biker is just like another biker. Young girl in her mother's car (I am guessing it was her mother) cringed when I went to start the bike earlier today. She was surprised when it didn't make any noise.

·
Registered
814 Posts
The general public and the politicians don't recognize a difference, one biker is just like another biker. Young girl in her mother's car (I am guessing it was her mother) cringed when I went to start the bike earlier today. She was surprised when it didn't make any noise.
One morning at was at my daughter's elementary school waiting for my wife and daughter to arrive. The bike was running and I was listening to tunes. One of the faculty members commented to my wife that it was a quiet bike, should could barely tell that it was running.

H

·
0 Posts
I disagree. I don't consider myself a biker, even though I ride. Plus, I dress in leathers most times. But I don't portray a "biker" image, and I think, at least where I live, that is what people look at.

·
Registered
855 Posts
bikers

...lock up your whatever and whatevers, and whatever else
there is

....the goldwingers are here.....

...oh yea....

....some bikers are bad to the bone, well, we goldwingers are, are, I'm
getting tired....I' think I'll go lay down and have nap....

·
Florida Moderator
4,617 Posts
The Geezers on Goldwings are coming, LOCK UP YOUR FOOD!

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Jeff - I don't think our Retired and Riding group would fall in the classification of "bikers" - do you?? :?:

We are too old for monkey-business like those guys in Australia! :22yikes:

·
Registered
747 Posts
It couldn't have been a Wing gang. We are in bed BEFORE the bars are open.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well, when I here of things like this I usually think of the other motorcycles not the Goldwing people. It's a shame some folks don't know how to settle their differences like normal people should.

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Wake up people...thess were not motorcyclist.....this wasn't even bikers....this was GANG violence....plan and simple, GANG....
when one crip kills a blood, are all kids bad???? no, and not all motorcycle riders, no matter what brand, are bad....and don't say it's the public.....here are motorcycle people saying the same thing....it's the "other " brand....you know, those bad ol Harley's......
Get a grip. This was nothing more than GANG violence......get rid of the gangs and guess what? no more violence.....

Outlaw bikers are gang members, toy runs, poker runs....still gangs...TV shows...still gangs.....
but the ACLU and other cry babies protect them...so don't be alarmed when this happens.....until we the public demand gangs be outlawed....then this happens.....
at the end of the video the police did state that they were trying to get the biker gangs defined as terrorist.....that will shed new light on the subject.....

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Isnt honda goldwing association a gang

·
Registered
50 Posts
The general public and the politicians don't recognize a difference, one biker is just like another biker....

I profoundly disagree. The media and the general public certainly do know the difference. It is, quite franky and most importantly the image YOU give them as to how they will perceive you. I've been doing this for close to 40 years and I ain't never had anyone mistake me for a gang member or outlaw biker, and yes, that's my real photo in the avatar section. I ride with a Goldwing group, a Valkyrie group, a Harley group and a mixed mutt group, neither of whom project an image of menance or gansta' wannabe-ism. When we pull into a restaurant, for instance and all of the grey beards pull off their helmets (the first clue we ain't outlaws), it's quite evident we're there to eat cherry pie ala mode and not shoot up the place. It's amazing how many, "nice bike" comments and thumbs up we get. If you don't
resolutely portray the bad-ass image, the public simply wishes they were riding along with you, not ducking for cover. YOU provide the public the image YOU want them to have. Zup to you.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Read it in the headlines......

Gold Wing Biker gang rides through small town
:biker:

to terrorize the citizens......:cop2:

And nobody noticed!!!!!!:-(

·
Registered
686 Posts
Read it in the headlines......