GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The side pockets are just too small to carry an envelope without folding it up. My 1200 pockets had the straps on the outside that you could put an envelope under, worked good. No such luck on the 1800. I velcroed a clip to the right side pocket lid so I could secure envelopes etc. The clip can be removed when not in use.

Attachments

·
Registered
487 Posts
Great Idea.
That would also work for placing written directions in a small plastic see thru..I will be considering this. Thanks!
David

·
Registered
129 Posts
This is a clever idea. I usually stick envelopes between my windshield vent and the dash and I constantly worry about them blowing away. This looks a lot more secure.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I like the idea, but I think I would put it on the left side. That way when I pull up to one of those curb side blue boxes I can keep my right hand on the brake and take care of the letter with my left!

Might think about a big rubber band around the door for the lower 'strap' like on the old 1200 covers...!?:doorag:

·
Registered
573 Posts
QD, every time I see a picture of your dash I am just totally amazed.

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
I put mine in my pocket :thumbup:

·
Registered
297 Posts
The side pockets are just too small to carry an envelope without folding it up. My 1200 pockets had the straps on the outside that you could put an envelope under, worked good. No such luck on the 1800. I velcroed a clip to the right side pocket lid so I could secure envelopes etc. The clip can be removed when not in use.
I usually just walk up to the mail box, put them in, and put the flag up.:shrug:
Sorry, I couldn't resist.;)

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Mine goes inside my jacket, be it leather or a mesh one.

·
Registered
297 Posts

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Do all you guys have Glod Wing''s without a trunk?? But I do like Islander,
I usually just walk up to the mail box, put them in, and put the flag up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts