GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok - I finally have my Hero HD on my Wing and did some test taping today. The wide angle at 720 is kind of freaky. Makes everything seem like you are driving at hyper speed. What I am trying to achieve is great video quality combined with economical use of a 16gb card. I know alot of you use the Hero. Care to share best practices?

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I prefer the R5 setting. It is 1080 but the narrow 120 degree view angle results in much less distortion. I could easily shoot short video segments all day long on a 16G card. I think the most I've shot on a day is 4 gig and that was running the R5 setting and that included running the camera for 20 minutes straight (oops, forgot to turn it off).

You'll need to play with mount locations but find one that has minimal vibration (usually due to wind buffeting on the Wing). The HD is nice but picks up the vibrations more easily. Running the wider angle helps mask the vibrations but if you run the higher R5 setting, it gets a bit sensitive.

If you choose to run the camera out in the air stream, make sure you clean the lens off every chance you get. Bugs will collect on the lens and can make a great video worthless.

Enjoy!!

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
Also get the viewfinder! Love mine!!!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. I really appreciate the inputs.
I did get the viewfinder.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts