GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Now "that's" pretty cool!
Now comes the part when you have to be sooooooooooooo careful not too even put a scratch in that paint job! Ouch! Careful!

Ronnie

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Well it's different! Hehe, I guess you'd need that T-shirt too! Mr Plod would have your card marked PDQ, best adhere to the speed limits...

·
Registered
756 Posts
Great paint job. Colors and scheme are hideous. I don’t suppose it qualifies for an insurance claim. Hopefully he and his family are happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Drair and cycledude

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Reminds me of before and after when people add tattoos all over their body. I'll always take the before personally. Hershall Walker some kind of basketball player or the like? I can't say I've ever heard of him.

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
Reminds me of before and after when people add tattoos all over their body. I'll always take the before personally. Hershall Walker some kind of basketball player or the like? I can't say I've ever heard of him.
Herschel Walker is a former professional American football player, bobsledder, sprinter, and mixed martial artist. He played college football for the University of Georgia, earned consensus All-American honors three times and won the 1982 Heisman Trophy. Wikipedia

·
Registered
103 Posts
He's got the money, why not.
Ever see some of the stuff Elvis drove?
Worth a fortune now.
He can always afford a regular paint bike, to go undercover.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Seems to commemorate events in his life. His wife pointed out her pic on the side. I wonder if it has a pic of his first wife on there too. LOL

·
Registered
9,328 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
No doubt Rick and crew have many hours of work in that paint job. But oh my. It is a bit over the top. Wonder if he is really plans on riding it. Probably just a show piece. I liked it better prior to the unveiling. :eek:4:

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Herschel Walker is a former professional American football player, bobsledder, sprinter, and mixed martial artist. He played college football for the University of Georgia, earned consensus All-American honors three times and won the 1982 Heisman Trophy. Wikipedia

I thought maybe he was pulling our legs but maybe not.

I had a colleague once who had been gifted an autographed picture of Bob Lilly of the Dallas Cowboys. He asked me who it was. I told him to hand in his mancard.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
He's got the money, why not.
Ever see some of the stuff Elvis drove?
Worth a fortune now.
He can always afford a regular paint bike, to go undercover.

HW has a garage full of Victory bikes. He doesn’t need the dealership — he’s got Rick Fairless’ shop in Dallas to work on them.

·
Registered
460 Posts
If you going go big.

The NFL is dead to me now but I was a big fan. I always liked Herschel Walker, wish he had gone into the NFL out of collage instead of the USFL. He could mow over a defense like Larry Csonka and out run the fastest DB on the field. He was pretty much done buy the time he got the NFL.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow the painter does some incredible work !

Rick Fairless is a self-avowed hippie from the ‘60’s who has a signature hippie tied-died style. He used to have a tv show on Discovery Channel and has been commissioned to build custom bikes for, example, the Dallas Stars’ prior owner Tom Hicks, as a retirement gift to Mike Modano. If you’re ever in Dallas go by his bar/ restaurant/ store/ tattoo parlor. It’s called Strokers. http://strokersdallas.com Not for everyone but it’s a trip. It’s close to Southwest Airlines’ headquarters and Herb Kelleher used to go there for lunch. Great place to get a .

·
Registered
21,025 Posts
Rick Fairless is a self-avowed hippie from the ‘60’s who has a signature hippie tied-died style. He used to have a tv show on Discovery Channel and has been commissioned to build custom bikes for, example, the Dallas Stars’ prior owner Tom Hicks, as a retirement gift to Mike Modano. If you’re ever in Dallas go by his bar/ restaurant/ store/ tattoo parlor. It’s called Strokers. http://strokersdallas.com Not for everyone but it’s a trip. It’s close to Southwest Airlines’ headquarters and Herb Kelleher used to go there for lunch. Great place to get a .

Wow a lot of those used motorcycles have prices way higher than a brandnew wing.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts