GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday, the 11th, my sweet son-in-law will be flying out of the "Rack" and home to his family. This was his second tour but he told me yesterday that it was the longest and hardest year of his life this time. He is most assuredly my hero and so are all of the 4th ID's Cavalry Scouts. They are so young in age but older and wiser than I'll ever be. God speed, Ryan!

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
I'm very happy for you. I know how great, as do others on this board, it feels to see their face.

·
Registered
255 Posts
That is GREAT news :flg:

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
that's the perfect day to be leaving....Veteran's Day. Good news.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Home

There's nothing better than seeing them getting off that plane, for sure. My daughter took the sweetest photo of Ryan and their little son, Ethan, on his last return. It shows them walking out of the hanger together, with Ryan's hand on his shoulder, and them just gazing into each other's faces. Didn't need words to see the love they have for one another. Sometimes the families left behind get lost in the whole war thing, but they are heroes, too, for holding it all together while their Soldier is gone. I am in awe of them all.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Congrats wingirl, I know the feeling, my daughter just got out of Iraq and is in Okinawa right now but is coming home on the 20th of this month. Haven't seen her for 18 months. Once again, congrats and God bless our troops!!!!

Jerry

·
Registered
210 Posts
Wing girl.......... I know how you feel, my son returned the 20th from Iraq. The feeling you have for his safe return is true to the heart. He had 2 tours in the sandlot and thank the good lord my boy is home. Enjoy the time with him, Shake his hand for me and tell him Thank You from all of us.........

·
Registered
703 Posts
winggirl said:
Saturday, the 11th, my sweet son-in-law will be flying out of the "Rack" and home to his family. This was his second tour but he told me yesterday that it was the longest and hardest year of his life this time. He is most assuredly my hero and so are all of the 4th ID's Cavalry Scouts. They are so young in age but older and wiser than I'll ever be. God speed, Ryan!
I hope the Patriot Guard Riders are doing a Welcome Home mission. Tell your son-in-law, thank you for me. I wish I could be there when all these men and women return from their duty. Some of us know their sacrifice; some wish they knew; then there are the others who will never know and don't care about the sacrifices that are doing made.

God bless your son-in-law. Check back with us and let us know how things went.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Congrads to your son in law. All the military are my hero's. There have been only two defining forces that ever offered to die for us, Jesus Christ and the American GI, One died for our souls the other for our freedom, We should thank them both and oftern

·
Registered
597 Posts
My daughter just left Saturday morning to go back to Iraq. She had been there only 2 months and the Army made her take 2 weeks leave. Now she will be there about 10 months before being able to come home. She is stationed at Camp Liberty near the Bagdad (sp?) airport.

Joe

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This will be a happy Thanksgiving and Christmas for all of us whose Soldiers are coming home. God bless and keep those who are still there and who are going. There are just no words to express my gratitude to them. Makes your everyday aches and pains seem sorta trivial.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Patriot said:
winggirl said:
I hope the Patriot Guard Riders are doing a Welcome Home mission. Tell your son-in-law, thank you for me. I wish I could be there when all these men and women return from their duty. Some of us know their sacrifice; some wish they knew; then there are the others who will never know and don't care about the sacrifices that are doing made.

God bless your son-in-law. Check back with us and let us know how things went.
We are members of the PGR but haven't gotten any call to be at Fort Hood for him. He is one of the last of the bunch to make it out of there so they may not do a welcome home for them. It sure would be nice, though, to see a sea of bikes and flags there. But I'm sure he will only see two faces even if there were.

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
Oh Happy Day!!!!!!!!!

Be sure and give him a big THANKS from all of us!! :flg: :flg: :flg: :flg:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Home

I will certainly do that! He's going to get a lot of hugs and kisses in the coming days. Thanks for all the kind words and prayers be with all who are serving and welcome home to all those who will be stateside. It gives a whole new meaning to Thanksgiving, beyond the turkey and dressing. Just makes you proud to be an American and live in a country full of men and women willing to put their lives on the line for us all. Hooah! :flg:

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Re: Home

winggirl said:
Sometimes the families left behind get lost in the whole war thing, but they are heroes, too, for holding it all together while their Soldier is gone. I am in awe of them all.
They don't get lost in the hearts of those who've served in the military while family members stayed behind. God bless your son, and his family! God speed the day when the job is done and they can all come home.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Howdy Neighbor,

Please extend a sincere Thank You to this brave young hero. His dedication, commitment and sacrifices are appreciated and do not go unnoticed. God Bless him, his family, and all of our men and women in service to our country.

Be sure to stuff him good for Thanksgiving, too!
No MRE's....hehehehe.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
:flg: Give that man a big hug from all of us americans!! :flg:

I know the excitement you feel right now. My son spent 15 mos. there, my son-in-law did two tours, my 2nd son-in-law just arrived there 2 days ago for his second tour. The excitement of them coming home can be very overwhelming at times. Please thank him for his courage and service to our country!!!! God bless all of our troops.......

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Home

I will be sure and stuff him for Thanksgiving. He and I have a plot cooking for that weekend. He's taking my daughter back to Dallas where he proposed the first time and do it all over again. Ah, young love! I am hoping for a new addition to the family in about nine months as payment for my part in the conspiracy!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts