GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I read a previous post about hesitation after the bike was warm and then parked, and then restarted. Any info on whether the Guhl ECU mod. might help this problem? I have a Level 1 2012, with 18,000 miles. This problem started at about 10,000 miles. It seems to be worst as the ambient temp rises. We are located in Venice Fl.
Dave D #1611

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Does it do the same thing on a first/cold start for the first couple minutes? It's probably the "hesitation" issue everyone is complaining about. I hear the re-flash is specifically for that problem. Most do it cold and after a 20-30 minute cool down.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Post a reply to the thread: Hesitation after hot restart

Does it do the same thing on a first/cold start for the first couple minutes? It's probably the "hesitation" issue everyone is complaining about. I hear the re-flash is specifically for that problem. Most do it cold and after a 20-30 minute cool down.
That's what I have too.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Ayup. It's the same problem. The poor man's solution is to rev the engine to 4,000 rpm then drive off. That will fix it. Till you stop again. If you take off and feel it, either pull in the clutch and rev the engine to 4,000 or RUN it up to 4-grand. This works great for me. Till I forget. Don't know about the reflash, but that is what it is for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts