GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Does anyone know where to purchase a metric hex or allen set that comes with an screwdriver style handle and interchangeable bits?? This would seem to work better in the tight spots than your standard L-shaped or T-handles sets. :?: :?:

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
If you like the best, drive by one of your local auto repair establishments, or auto dealer. Ask one of the techs when the Snapon man comes. They usually come once a week at a pretty set time. Get one from them, they are much better. I am getting very frustrated with Sears quality lately. It has gone down hill pretty good from a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
51 Posts
harbor freight has 3/8 drive sets, maybe even smaller 1/4 inch

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Snap On are fine, but if you want the BEST.....get PB Bauman( now called PBSwiss Tools)......swissmade and well worth the price......never wear one out and I think they have lifetime warranty. Very Hard allen wrenches. Nice stuff.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
I have never heard of those Steve. Got some??? I gotta check those out. I have a couple of tools that I use just about everyday with work. I would love to find something that actually will last a lifetime.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
steve s said:
Snap On are fine, but if you want the BEST.....get PB Bauman( now called PBSwiss Tools)......swissmade and well worth the price......never wear one out and I think they have lifetime warranty. Very Hard allen wrenches. Nice stuff.
I've seen nothing on their site to imply that they are better than Snap-on in quality. I'd like to here what makes you think they are.
Also, their warrenty seems to cover a, "normal use" criteria. Any missuse is NOT warrantied.
Snap-On covers ANYTHING exept the screwdriver handles, no matter what happened to it. I know that for a fact as I've found a completely destroyed ratchet that was burried in dirt for God knows how long, and they replaced it. I've used my Snap-On screwdrivers for prybars and they replace them. I can go on and on.
Oh, and they are local almost anywhere.

BTW, I have a set of "T" handle hex wreches from ALLEN that have never worn out in the 30 years I've owned them. And this is through 10+ years of being a professional mechanic.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Production Tool Supply carries the ones that fit a 1/4 " hex screwdriver handle. Both US Standard & Metric sizes - approx 1 1/4 " in length. Cost about $ 1.25 each. Look up under "Socket Head Insert Bits". I bought 3 of the 6MM ones last week from their local store and am waiting for the 5MM ones to come in.
Ride Safe
Ken

1 - 8 of 8 Posts