GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How cold is it in Upstate NY? Just saw where Watertown and Norwich are in the -15° to -20° range. That is cold in anyones book.
I recall one cruise down to near the Antarctic Circle and our thermometers only went to -30° and they were bottomed out. And I wont even mention the howling winds down there.
Anyway........Keep it warm.
:D
Jerry

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
I sure hope your garage is heated, Bulldog! :lol:

Hopefully you've received a package from me by now??

(Sorry for the print quality of the instructions - my color laser died and I didn't have the time this week to fix it)

Stay as warm as you can and thanks for the good wishes :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
They are getting the weather we had in Minnesota last week. It lasted 2 weeks when it hit us. Was -20 F a couple of nights. Today its +25 which is tropical for MN in January.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hit 0 last night, maybe even a little lower, gonna make it all the way to 8 today before dropping again. Supposed to warm up Monday but they are talking about that nasty white stuff again. Guess I won't be riding for a little while :cry:

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
uuuummm, about 6:00 or 7:00 this morning we had -9

I went out to clean off the driveway and I had to come back in to get something to put over my face my nostrals were sticking togather

I'd be willing to bet RIXX is the coldest guy on the board today

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Temps

Warmed up nicely today. I went out to the garage to rub on the bike a little but decided I needed to get in a few miles. It wasn't as warm as I thought it was. Came back and used the BOM on the paint. Riding for sure tomorrow. Dealer just called and said my new Bridgestones are in so going up Tuesday to get them. I checked my front brakes this morning and they are getting a little thin. Guess it is time. I just checked my maintenance log and they were last changed at 44,200 and now I have 80,000 miles on the odometer.
You guys and gals keep it warm up there.
:coffee1:
Jerry

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Boy y'all are making me SHIVER!!

Just got done running 5 miles... sweating my rear off!! :a13: :D

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Good Morning Everyone. Thank you all for worrying about my general condition, and the temperatures surrounding my lovely Lil garage....LOL

Jerry, It was not all that cold here today. This morning it was a minus 12, but that is cause I live very near a river. The temp in the garage was a steamy 65.

Jon, Yes I did get your package yesterday, and thank you very much. It was "more complete" than I had expected or hoped for. I just wanted to give you some time, before I bothered you with the thank yous etc. Jon you are truly a gentleman and an asset to this board and I am sure the people in your world. Install is tomorrow after church.

It was so freaking cold today, Dr. Rob and I went motorcycle shopping. I came home with envy, and Dr. Rob came home with a spanking brand new Honda 919. In my next life, I want to be a Dr.

All kidding aside, if you did not have to work outside today, it was bearable. If you had to work outside today, you ought to start looking for a new job.

Jerry, still waiting for you to call me, to tell me that you are 20 minutes out and need for me to get the coffee pot on!

Bulldog

1 - 9 of 9 Posts