GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chef,

I know that you posted what you had added to you bike and wardrobe for winter riding, but I have not been able to find it.

Could you post again what air wings, etc you use on your bike.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Sorry, just found your post
Sure no Problem
Tulsa Wind Wings
Big Bike foot wind screens
Olympia Gloves
Honda Millenium Jacket
and Roebucks 49.95 boots

Thats it

If my legs get too cold, I'll throw on my Frogg Togg pants as an added layer.
Hope that answers your questions

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hey Bob............You mean like this ½????????

Just hold down the alt key and type 0189
:yes:

Jerry

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Jerry said:
Hey Bob............You mean like this ½????????

Just hold down the alt key and type 0189
:yes:

Jerry
Copy/Paste gives me this... ½ ...but that's cheating!

I see your instructions... to type 0189 while holding down the Alt key... but all I get are four 'bonks' as I type the numbers. I can see it works for you but do you have any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Bob, go into the start menu, then to programs..accessories..system tools...character map. In this map you'll get all kinds of things you can add to a sentence. Click on the one you want to see larger and look in the lower right corner of the window. You'll see the alt-code to use. Place your cursor where you want it, hold the alt key and punch in the numbers. When you release the alt key, the character appears. Õ¥Õ

·
Registered
336 Posts
½

Bob..You are typing (zero)0189 aren't you????????

¼
½
¾
©
¿

There are all kinds of symbols that can be represented using ANSI Characters. Just do a web search and you should be able to find a good list. I learned a lot of them back in the dark ages of DOS. :eek:4:
Don't know why it wont work for you. Maybe LaMonster or Mellow can explain it better.

Jerry

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Re: ½

Jerry said:
Bob..You are typing (zero)0189 aren't you????????
Yes, but I was using the numbers above the keyboard. Jim Mathis pointed me in the direction I needed to go. I found this in the Character Map Help section:
If you know the Unicode equivalent of the character you want to insert, you can also insert a special character directly into a document without using Character Map. To do so, open the document and position the insertion point where you want the special character to appear. Then, with NUM LOCK on, hold down the ALT key while using the number pad keys to type the Unicode character value.
I figured it had to be something really simple... you have to use the number pad keys.
At least I now know why I've never been able to get that to work! Now I'm going to have to think of ways to use my new skill. (now where is the emoticon for 'evil grin', hmmm, I guess I'll just have to use this one: :luf1: )
So, now I can type 2½ instead of 2-1/2 in about ¾ of the time, saving me about ¼ of the usual time. :D

Thanx, Guys!!

·
Registered
469 Posts
AIR MANAGEMENT

Air Management ? I usually try ta git up to about 40 or 50 mph & give th bars ah little tug on liftoff ta git th front end up for ah smooth landin, hold on & hit th ground in sort of ah straight line, if ya hit it too fast kinda sideways it kind ah jerks th bike around & ya could fall over. :mrgreen:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts