GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all, not new to riding but new to the forum here. Recently acquired a low mileage F6B Std that I thoroughly enjoy riding! Got it a month ago w/4700 miles and have about 2500 more on it now. Still figuring things out about it and just got the shop manual from Wing stuff.
Used to Kawasaki Cruisers; have a Nomad, a Classic and Drifter, all 1500s. I've been curious about the F6B every since they came out in 2013. Logged lots of miles on the Vulcans but really wanted a mile-eater that was smooth, powerful, with reasonable fuel range that would do 2-up gracefully.
This is that bike! Very pleased with it and shoulda done this years ago...
Future plans include adding a double stand and immediately trying to get tunes to work from my (droid) phone to the bikes audio. Should be easy, right?
Just got the bike outta the shop today; new tires. I can see this tire thing is going to be frequent with this bike. I bought Shinkos this time and at 150 miles it's too soon to really form an opinion on them vs. the OEM 'stones.
Anyhow, glad to be here!
Ride safe n far.
Randy
Crossville, TN

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip on the Shinkos! Since most of my riding is 2up, they will be punished.
The Honda dealer here is Tommy's Motorsports. They were a week out for my tire replacing, so went to Knoxville. 24 hr turnaround.
From the way this bike appears to eat tires, I might need a tire machine...
Hope to see you out there!
Randy

·
Registered
466 Posts
I’m just 25 miles to the west in Cooke Vegas.

I enjoyed my F6B. I would never have considered a full blown Gold Wing, so the F6B was the gateway into Wings for me.

I regularly ride up to Crossville on 70N, then over to Sparta on 70, then up to Cookeville on 111, onto I-40 East to pick up 70N, and finally back to my starting point on 70N.

This loop, which heads East first, is generally a good after dinner summer ride of about 75 miles. Elevation changes are about 1000 feet and most of the route is stop free. There are several lights in Sparta, but they go quickly.

Happy trails :capwin:

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
There is a GL1800 rider in Crossville - SSNCOB - that changes tires for folks in the garage behind his house. You need to get to know Jerry. Also, he will mount car tires on the rear for you. Here, I have to go to Walmart for that.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Welcome from SE Idaho!!! Ride safe and keep the shiny side up. :grin2: Oh, and on the Shinko's, wear them out fast and get them off. A set of Dunlop E4's or a Bridgestone 709/704 front and rear will be a far superior set of shoes for your Wing.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Welcome from the Great NW.

I too came from a Nomad. Were you on the VBA/KAWANOW forum?

Love my GL1800 and have ridden the F6B...great bikes.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts