GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a minor gripe with phpBB.

After posting a message or reply, you get the...

Your message has been entered successfully.
Click Here to view your message
Click Here to return to the forum

and you have to be quick to click before being taken back to your message. Is it possible to have that auto-return back to the "forum"?

Maybe putting the Click Here to return to the forum as the first item may force phpBB to come back to the forum.

·
I U Turn
888 Posts
Don't click anything and it should go back to the forum by it's self
**** :D :yw1:

G

·
I have never clicked on that. I just wait for it to go back and then go from there.

I am sure Lamont will see this and make an adjustment if possible.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hal @ Honda Direct Line said:
I have never clicked on that. I just wait for it to go back and then go from there.

I am sure Lamont will see this and make an adjustment if possible.
Lemme try it again. <g> The last few times I let it return on it's own it goes back to the message. Maybe it's something I have to change in my profile?

Maybe it's meant to work that way but it seems logical to me that once I have posted a reply, I don't need to see that thread again.

OK, thanks anyway for the reply. I just need to curb my laziness and click faster. <vbg>

·
GL1800Riders Founder
1,813 Posts
The idea for it going back to the message is so that you can edit any changes that you may have missed when you posted. I know that is what "preview" is for but this gives you another chance to fix any mistakes.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Hey, I just learned something. Didn't realize there was a "second chance edit feature" built in. That's something I certainly need as I frequently hit the "submit" button thinking I've adequately proof read only to discover errors. Thanks for pointing that out Lamont..

Greyhound

1 - 6 of 6 Posts