GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have lived in the Louisville area for 34 years, 20 in Jeffersonville,
I now live in Sellersburg, 9 miles north of Louisville. The sunny side of Louisville is still thriving.
It's what i call home.
JD :)

·
Registered
837 Posts
It was back in the 60's when I lived back there. I was just a little guy. One place we lived was by Stanford Field. At the end of the runway no less. A big board fence seperated us from the airport property. We also lived just out of Okalona for a while. For a few years we lived the other side of New Albany just out of Elizabeth and Laconia, where my dad grew up. Before my dad was medically retired, he worked for International Harvester when it was in Louisville.

I have a cousin that lives in Sellersburg. Her name was Joan Hicks. She got married again this summer and I can't think what her last name is now. Joans mom, my aunt, and her husband, Jim and Delorse Kent are also in Sellersburg.

I think it was December of 89 the last time I was back there. Joans late husband, Vern Hicks drove me all over Sellersburg, Clarksville, Jeffersonville and New Albany showing me how the area had grown. A lot had changed, but a lot was the same as I remembered. Of course one of my first stops was the White Castle in New Albany. :hamburger: I loved those little burgers when I was a kid.

Susan and I are wanting to make a trip back there one day. When we do we'll let you know so we can get together for a cup.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Louisville Area

Jim, Don't listen to JD when he says he lives on the "sunny" side of Louisville. I live in Shelbyville (just East of Louisville) and the sun shines a lot more out here. JD is obviously misinformed about other things as well, ie he thinks Yellow is the fastest color and we all know that Silver is the fastest color. :lol: :lol: SLIDE

1 - 4 of 4 Posts