GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:?: OK, what happened? I was on the board and remembered that I had not cleared my cookies for a while. Got off the board to do that, came back to the board and noticed that it didn't have view your posts, view posts since last visit and that to respond to a post I had to log in. Did deleting my cookies wipe out all that? Yes, I DO NOT understand computers :?

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Yep....that's how the board knows what posts you haven't read, by your cookies. :cry:

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
What Phil said :yes2:

·
GL1800Riders Founder
1,813 Posts
You have to login for the cookies to take effect. By the way, it's a good idea to do what you did from time to time. ;)

·
Registered
994 Posts
LaMonster said:
You have to login for the cookies to take effect. By the way, it's a good idea to do what you did from time to time. ;)

YES Clearing cookies is a good idea! Just REMEMBER this clears all your stored passwords. Have been asked many times - "I forgot my ??????? password, how can I get back into my ?????? account" so make sure you have not gotten lazy with all those "automatic" logins for your other accounts or you will be going through the dreaded "where did you go on your first date" question and answer routine for every account.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Jim N Judy,

You have no idea how panic stricken I get, when I clear my cookies and then I get the dreaded "sign in" warning. I have so many different passwords that it is not funny.

I change my passwords with regularity, but can not always use the same password, As some want 8 letters, some want letters and numbers.

I have more little slips of papers on my desk, with crazy combinations of letters and numbers and have no idea what it belongs to.
Guess i had better get organized.

I hate Panic.

Bulldog

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And I thought I was being smart not writing down any stinking passwords, who needs them anyway? LOL :oops:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts