GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should be about time for another outing of some kind, don't ya think? Hot Dogs part II, or what about coffee and "home made doughnuts?" We look forward to what you have planned for the month of February. ;):yes1::bow::coffee1::doorag:

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Yeah,, What Wheels said,,,
How about Will....
I missed the last ride,,,
Maybe Margarita Will doesn't ride anymore,,,
At his age,, he might have to slow down a bit lol

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Yeah,, What Wheels said,,,
How about Will....
I missed the last ride,,,
Maybe Margarita Will doesn't ride anymore,,,
At his age,, he might have to slow down a bit lol
What has age got to do with SLOW. I ride SLOW and....oh yea.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I think Will's problem is insulation (at least that's what he called it at the Maryland motorcycle show this past weekend). Something about to many dogs still "inside" from the January excursion I suspect.:duck:

Think of his poor tires. They're likely asking for mercy having to carry around all those dogs (and Will too). I mean, you can only pump 'em up so far.:cus:

So, maybe Will should plan on a "dogless" destination :eat2:

We're worryin' 'bout ya son.:lol:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
900 Posts
Maybe Margarita Will doesn't ride anymore...

At his age, he might have to slow down a bit
Dang... I fail to read the board for 16 hours and look what they start sayin' about me...

I just realized that I never posted the "after action" report for...

Bawlmer Wienie Run I

Since "The Run"... I've spent more than a little time devoted to becoming one of the Wienie Cognoscente.

As a matter of fact, I stopped last night on the way home for a couple of dogs at Weenie World!

When one begins to delve into the world of the frankfurter, one begins to understand the complexity of the subject and the emotional response the tube steak elicits in its consumers...

Weenie World, for example, sells Burks (Reading, PA) hot dogs & sausages bedded in buns from H&S Bakery (Baltimore, MD).

Burks hot dogs aren't my favorites, but still quite good. I don't believe they sell any hot dogs in a casing - which means they don't have that "snap" when you bite into 'em. Personally, I prefer hot dogs in a casing.

H&S Bakery's hot dog buns are more dense than many other brands. While they're quite good quality, they're almost too much bread...

One of my favorite "sausages" was Best's Kosher Beef Polish Dogs. I found out recently that Best's Kosher (owned by conglomerate Sara Lee) was "put to death" at the end of January 2009. As soon as I heard that I ran to Sam's Club and bought eight packages of their Beef Polish Sausage & eight packages of their Dinner Beef Franks. I've got mine. You'd better go get yours!

Anyway...

Where was I?!?!

Oh, yeah...

Since only 6 of us (4 GL1800Riders members, 2 "significant others") were able to make Bawlmer Wienie Run I, I propose...

(Drum roll, please...)

Bawlmer Wienie Run II

I'd like to go back to Ann's Dari-Creme, 'cause those footlongs are just sooo good (the shakes, too!) - and want to find out who makes their footlongs. I can tell you that they're not your run-of-the-mill mass-produced hot dogs.

I'd also like to stop at Pollock Johnny's - their dogs are made especially for them (but I'm not sure who's makin' 'em).

Another place I'd like to try is Attman's Deli near Baltimore's Inner Harbor - urban legend has it that they're the home of the "Baltimore-Style" hot dog.

(A "Baltimore-Style" hot dog is a beef kosher dog wrapped in bologna and grilled. Apparently, this style is not unique to the Baltimore area, but since this is my story, I'm going to call it "Baltimore-Style".)

I had another "intriguing" idea...

How about a ride to New York's Coney Island for one of Nathan's Famous hot dogs?!?!

Or maybe Toledo, Ohio to go to Tony Packo's (made famous by Jamie Farr's character Max Clinger from M*A*S*H).

Or maybe Pink's in Los Angeles, CA...

Or maybe...

Or maybe...

(Quick! Someone! Stop me!)

·
Registered
276 Posts
OK Will.

When?

Where?

How many dogs per establishment?

Maps?

Artwork?

Your "famous" setup and story line?

Rendevous point?

etc, etc, etc, ...

Ready, fire 'em up, roll.

Gittn' hongerey here.

·
Notorious Rocket Scientist
5,533 Posts
Please don't tempt me any further!!!

I've been intending to pop all the tupperware off my bike and do a slew of annual maintenance jobs and upgrade some electronic stuff. It will keep my bike off the road for about a month, all in all.

Well, it's been two weekends in a row that the weather was rideable, so I STILL haven't started yet!

Please don't give me any more excuses to put this off any longer, or it will be touring season and I still won't have a lick of work done!!!

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
We're waiting Will ???????

·
Registered
2,183 Posts

·
Registered
2,183 Posts

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's my understanding that Will is still trying to work through a few lingering issues from the Parrot Head adventure and once resolved, he should be pulling something together. He mentioned that he is having a little trouble with focusing on the project at hand.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts