GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LTNS!!

Looks like it has been just over a year since I checked in. Been a busy year! I moved to Japan, was selected for promotion to Chief Master Sergeant (E-9) and hopefully I'll find out this week I'm headed to Hawaii next! :excited:

I still miss the heck out of my wing... but I am enjoying my 1150GS (when I get to ride it... it is in storage in Seattle). I took 4 weeks of leave in June, stopped by Hyderseek, and then headed up to Prudhoe Bay... WHAT A RIDE!! :thumbup:
(if you're interested in the story, you can read it here... http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=356672 DISCLAIMER: Other than an occasional "f-bomb" there is nothing bad in the thread... the title was all about marketing... lol
Must be a good read, the thread has ~225 THOUSAND hits!!)

So what am I up to next... gonna eat a lot of crow from all the folks I've talked Hardley crap too... because I'm headed to the dark side (will keep the BMW also) and getting my mid-life crisis out of the way now... I just put a deposit on an 09 CVO Road Glide... in the fastest color of course YELLOW!!

What the heck, you only live once... I'll tool around Oahu for a couple years on this... not like you can go for a long ride there anyway! :tongue:

Just wanted to check in and say hi. Miss y'all!!!

Mike

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Good to hear from you. It had been almost a year during my hiatus,,,ended up on a 2005 SEEG, sunrise yellow,,,,those screaming eagles are a fun ride,,,just got tired of things falling off,, :wrong:

Anyway, congrats on the promo :thumbup: and lest I forget,,,,Thank you for your service. :flg: Jimmy Andrews

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Mike,

Bout time you checked in...LOL

Congrats on the Promotion! Retirement must be getting close!

What did you do, bump your head? Buying a what?...LOL

Bulldog

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Hey Mike, good to hear you're doing OK, congrats on the E-9.....big money for retirement.....

A Harley???? Darn, everyone will have someone else to pick on :lol::lol:;)
just funning there guys.....easy now...

Those CVO RG's are sa-weet.....post us some pictures of you riding her around the big island......must be nice....:doorag: we're having freezing rain, mixed with snow and ice tonight....:eek:4:

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mike,

Bout time you checked in...LOL

Congrats on the Promotion! Retirement must be getting close!

What did you do, bump your head? Buying a what?...LOL

Bulldog
Hey 'dog! How's your daughter doing? Hope her career is going well also!

No plans on retiring anytime soo... that'd mean I'd have to figure out what I want to do when I grow up! :joke:

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
No plans on retiring anytime soo... that'd mean I'd have to figure out what I want to do when I grow up! :joke:
Grown Up !!!!!???????:eek:4:
Who the heck said anything about growing up...:wrong:....
we motorcycle riders never grow up and they can't make us......
We may grow older, but never up.....shame on you for thinking such a thing:lol::joke:

Be safe out there....and never grow up..;)

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Don't believe we've ever met, but looking at your IBA rides lists..:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Congratulations

Congratulations Chief on your Promotion. You will love Hawa'ii

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Mike,
Good to hear from you. Did you store the Av also?

A Harley is a good choice for Hawaii, a Goldwing would continually want to cross state lines and that's kinda hard there.:eek:4:

·
Registered
246 Posts
I also want to congradulate you on the promotion and the move. Good luck to you there. You are a lucky man. I never got a chance to see anything in the Pacific while I was in the Army. (until after I retired)

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Mike, also never had the pleasure of meeting you but did enjoy your advrider thread/posts. Thanks and best wishes to you and yours.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Mike it's good to hear from you . . . . . .

It's been a long time. Last I remember you moved to California from that wonderful metropolis of Davenport, Wa . . . . . . . . where we never got together being that close.

Congrats on your promotion, . . . and enjoy Hawaii. I lived there for 4 years (66-70). I rode all over that island with my Yamaha Twin-Jet 100. Bet it's different now.

Another question you probably have answered but I don't know it, . . . . . did you get married??????

Enjoy your new bike and keep in touch! :congrats:

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Hi Mike!

My oldest son (2.5 mile stakeholder) was asking if I had heard from you lately...

Glad to hear you're getting a new bike, even if it is a Hardley. My BIL just took delivery of a brand-new EG to replace his '99 model.

How much room are you gonna have in your place in Hawaii? :thumbup:

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
Good to hear from you again Mike.

Geeze, a promotion and a gig in Hawaii! What am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Glad things are going good. I know one guy stationed in the air force in hawaii. He got bored after 12 years and requested a transfer...ended up in Korea. LOL

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Wow ! It's been a long time since I've seen a post from you Mike.
The Harley will go well in happy land, there's not enough pavement for a wing. Congrads on the soon to be promotion........:congrats:

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Grown Up !!!!!???????
Who the heck said anything about growing up......
we motorcycle riders never grow up and they can't make us......
We may grow older, but never up.....shame on you for thinking such a thing

Be safe out there....and never grow up..

I like that plan much better... good call!! :thumbup:

Don't believe we've ever met, but looking at your IBA rides lists.
heck, it is cheating doing it on the Wing. Oughta be a couple hundred mile penalty or something... lol :twisted:

Congratulations Chief on your Promotion. You will love Hawa'ii
I also want to congradulate you on the promotion and the move. Good luck to you there. You are a lucky man. I never got a chance to see anything in the Pacific while I was in the Army. (until after I retired)
Mike, also never had the pleasure of meeting you but did enjoy your advrider thread/posts. Thanks and best wishes to you and yours.
Thanks Gents!!

Mike,
Good to hear from you. Did you store the Av also?

A Harley is a good choice for Hawaii, a Goldwing would continually want to cross state lines and that's kinda hard there.
Yup, Av is gathering dust with the BMW :-(
Good thing is, it'll be paid off when the Hardly payments kick in.. so I won't feel a thing... lol

Mike it's good to hear from you . . . . . .

It's been a long time. Last I remember you moved to California from that wonderful metropolis of Davenport, Wa . . . . . . . . where we never got together being that close.

Congrats on your promotion, . . . and enjoy Hawaii. I lived there for 4 years (66-70). I rode all over that island with my Yamaha Twin-Jet 100. Bet it's different now.

Another question you probably have answered but I don't know it, . . . . . did you get married??????

Enjoy your new bike and keep in touch!
We miss Davenport... gotta love small town livin'!
We did get hitched... only way I could drag her around with me... lol
Glad I got orders... or she'd still be telling me no! :eek:4::lol:

Hi Mike!

My oldest son (2.5 mile stakeholder) was asking if I had heard from you lately...

Glad to hear you're getting a new bike, even if it is a Hardley. My BIL just took delivery of a brand-new EG to replace his '99 model.

How much room are you gonna have in your place in Hawaii?
Hey Jon!! Ahhh... the good old days dragging around the youngsters, with Dale leading us to the snow! :thumbup:

We've already decided to go big or stay home, so we're gonna shoot for a place right on (or VERY near the beach), with an extra room for all the company we know we'll be getting... come on out!!

Good to hear from you again Mike.

Geeze, a promotion and a gig in Hawaii! What am I doing wrong?
I keep asking myself what I'm doing RIGHT... lol :joke:

Wow ! It's been a long time since I've seen a post from you Mike.
The Harley will go well in happy land, there's not enough pavement for a wing. Congrads on the soon to be promotion........
That's why I decided to eat my words about never buying a bike I can't ride... as long as I'm stuck on an island, I may as well buy something way too expensive, with no legs, that hurts when I ride it too long! :wrong:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hey Mike,

Great to hear from and about you. I have just finished laughing my way through your ride report! Keep it up for sure!

It was like old home week reading about your Deadhorse trip. I spent from 1974 to 1979 from the Yukon to Prudhoe working on the road and pipeline. Great read!

I miss riding in the rain with you coming back from the 2nd 2.5.

Redeye

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Mike,

Great to hear from and about you. I have just finished laughing my way through your ride report! Keep it up for sure!

It was like old home week reading about your Deadhorse trip. I spent from 1974 to 1979 from the Yukon to Prudhoe working on the road and pipeline. Great read!

I miss riding in the rain with you coming back from the 2nd 2.5.

Redeye

Hey!!

I've watched a few shows about y'all who worked the road "back in the day" some hard core stuff there!!

It was definitely the trip of a lifetime... gotta give big credit to my wife for understanding my desire to get out and live my dreams... because I'd hate to look back and regret all the stuff I "could have done" if I only had the time/money...

Would love to hook up with the NW crowd and ride again!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts