GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been off the bike for the last couple weeks for medical reasons, but, an update from a new darksider is -- i still love these tires!!

Thankfully, I'm back on the bike this week, commuting every day. About 30 miles one way, country roads almost the whole way. Love love love LOVE these tires!!

I am fully used to them now, they feel great. Only twice since I went double dark did I have any weird feeling moments.

--First tar strips I hit that ran lengthwise with the road, felt odd but totally controlable

--Pulling up behind a stopped cage at a red light. When the light turned green, the cage and I started moving, and thats when I realized I was lined up to hit a manhole cover that was raised up a bit. I went straight ahead anyway, and took it right on the edge. Since it was at really slow speed, when the rear tire hit it, half the tire was up on the edge of the manhole, the other half was on the pavement. Again, it felt odd, but not scary or bad. I was still in total control. Well, as "in control" as I EVER am hahaha

OK everyone, remember -- you are invisable, and, yes, they ARE trying to kill you!! Stay alert, stay alive!!

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Been off the bike for the last couple weeks for medical reasons, but, an update from a new darksider is -- i still love these tires!!

Thankfully, I'm back on the bike this week, commuting every day. About 30 miles one way, country roads almost the whole way. Love love love LOVE these tires!!

OK everyone, remember -- you are invisable, and, yes, they ARE trying to kill you!! Stay alert, stay alive!!
We are invisible ... :congrats: and welcome back...!

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
Glad to hear your riding again, that's the best medicine :thumbup: man hole cover :eek:4: that could have been dang ugly for sure . Whenever I ride with prospect Darksider we do a ton of tar strips :thumbup:Here in Wi. we have way more than our share,and wide deep suckers.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Glad to hear your riding again, that's the best medicine :thumbup: man hole cover :eek:4: that could have been dang ugly for sure . Whenever I ride with prospect Darksider we do a ton of tar strips :thumbup:Here in Wi. we have way more than our share,and wide deep suckers.
WE have them old tar strips in Ohio too - then again I ride a lot in N KY and SE Indiana - they are all over the place... my Dunnie handles them well! :thumbup:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Welcome back and ride safe!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Glad you're back up and riding!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts