GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A group is starting to form to meet for lunch at the Hard 8, it's a BBQ joint Stephenville Texas. Showtime is around 11. Maybe we could do a short ride to include highway 4. I'm even trying to get Steve Aylor up from Austin since he really wants to ride and play with his new CB radio. All are welcome and I'll try to post the final word no later than 10pm tonight. Think about it, this could be fun and put some faces to names. :D

·
Registered
177 Posts
Lunch Sat

Couldn't you make it next week, then maybe I could attend :D , I just live around the corner from you. Acctulally I'm in Southern Ca :lol:
roger/orangestreak

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's the address for any that wish to join us for lunch around 11. You can map it out on yahoo, it's easy to find. If ya get lost call my cell, 325-370-1063, and we'll send out the search party! :D

1091 Glen Rose Road
Stephenville, TX 76401
(Hwy 281&67)
Phone: 254-968-5552

·
Registered
550 Posts
Miss It

Hate I am going to miss you guys, but I am on my way to Daytona Beach tomorrow. Would like to meet and put faces with the people I see posts from all the time. Maybe next time. You will enjoy the food at the Hard 8.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Hey Brian, Steve and maybe a few others are headed down that way, too. See you there, ole' buddy!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Can't mke this one but we will be over your way in May for the Chariots of Light "Thunder Over Texas" rally at the speedway.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Great idea!

We'll give it a go if Suzanne gets off of work soon enough in the morning. She is supposed to be done by 9:00 AM. That might run us a little late but,we can eat fast. :D

If I made the trip without her I would be in the doghouse for weeks. :roll:

Don't wait on us if we don't show. There is a possibility she will get held over at the job.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Sorry I missed you guys today! :(

Suzi got off a little late and then the oldest daughter called and needed my help. Family comes first. Hope you understand.

I really wanted to ride! :weeping:

Hope you all enjoyed good food, good company and good riding. :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Brian,
Thanks for the great idea for an impromptu regional lunch ride!!!! Good turnout, and the weather was fantastic. Got back to DFW and it had been cloudy and dreary all day. We got sunny skies and warm weather. Good lunch, nice ride up Hwy 4, stop for pie, and then watch Steve Aylor hurry away. (only took him 45 minutes to say goodbye)
Thanks again, and we need to do that more often.
Howard

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree! I'd love to do this more often as well, I had a blast. It was great to see everyone and glad all had a good time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If I didn't have to work

Gotta work in Waco or I woulda been there!
Neat place & the food's been great when we've been there.
VERY easy to find @ intersection of 67 & 281.
SHould try to catch FM 204 from Chalk Mountain to Paluxy when you can, short but great curves.

All this right down the road from us & I have to work :(

Wade in Duffau, TX

1 - 13 of 13 Posts