GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
It works fine. I am very pleased with it. I use it for both my Goldwing and my Harley (see attached). A few things: 1.) We paid $299 as it comes on sale at this price quite frequently. 2.) I used the HF Front Wheel Chock instead of what came with the Lift Table, 3.) I put rubber feet on the screw feet that are supposed to keep the table from sliding when you ride up on the lift. 4.) I purchased ramps and made attachments so they could be easily installed and removed. and 5.) I also purchased a small screw scissors jack to be used when a bike is on the lift and I need to remove a wheel and/or work on the suspension.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,483 Posts
Is that scissor jack from Harbor Freight?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
i have had one for years, i have the air lift with the extensions for the sides so i can load my lawn mower on it. took there tire lock off and put a condor wheel chock on mine, so i could load and unload by my self. works great,

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Is that scissor jack from Harbor Freight?
They can be found on Amazon and eBay as well as many others, under all sorts of names and colors. Red, Blue and Black with even few lite Blue ones seem to be prevalent. I found the one I bought on eBay for $42.71. FWIW, HF doesn't seem to have this particular jack for some reason. Google the string "1100 lb Scissor Jack" and sort through what comes up. Prices are all over the map, some up close to $100. There's even one right now for $306.95. If you hurry I'm sure it's still available. LOL

·
Administrator
5,684 Posts
2 questions: It appears there is a removable panel to access the pump. Can this be removed for rear wheel servicing after the bike is in the air?
And, can you hook this up to an air compressor?

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have had the Harbor Freight Lift for a couple years now and I had to mount a Wheel chock sticking out and hanging off the front to get the rear wheel over the access door. All the weight of the front tire is still on the lift so there is no real load on the chock. But be cautious, and although I have had my 2015 Wing on that lift the access door that can be used for rear tire removal has bent under the weight of my Wing.

The Lift was great when I only had the F6B but a full wing will be heavy. Make sure you empty the bags and trunk.

Pictures are of my F6B on the lift not the Wing...and the lift us mainly used for my 78 GL1000. Very seldom do I use it for the Wing as I feel it my be a bit too much for a full Goldwing.

Attachments

Reactions: cycledude

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,942 Posts
yes it's to remove the rear tire, after you jack the rear of the bike up. and yes you can connect it to an air compressor, it has a foot operated to raise and lower..
I have one and use it occasionally. I put an extension on the front so the rear tire could be removed through opening.

Could you give me instructions on how to convert it to air lift?

·
Registered
605 Posts
yes it's to remove the rear tire, after you jack the rear of the bike up. and yes you can connect it to an air compressor, it has a foot operated to raise and lower..
Unless they just changed the lift system, you can NOT hook this lift up to an air compressor to raise or lower the table. It has a foot pump to raise, and another to lower.

Capt. Bob, I just did that. I was in to big of a hurry to get the 1800 off the table and the 1500 on. I will never do that again!

I used the HF gray wheel chock. I just unbolt it when I want to do work on the front wheel. I did not want to take the chance of the chock slipping when the wheel goes in. I made wooden boxes for my table extensions. These are needed for a place to put your feet when you ride the bike up on the lift.

For the money, this table can't be beat. I even store it on it's side against the wall of the garage to save storage space.

You can also use the lift for other equipment. Here it is with my snowmobile on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
413 Posts
OK, maybe I'm the only one who did not like it

Have bought several different items from Harbor Freight
bought the 1200 pound bike lift with coupon for 299.
brought it home, set it up.
put my 1500 on it, pumped up the lift.
was way too wobbly for my liking
lowered the lift, took it back

received a full refund.

Even though the replacement was over twice the price (had more options too) I have been more than happy with my choice.
http://www.completehydraulic.com/lifts-motorcycle-tcml.html

cheers
bryon

·
Registered
928 Posts
Why do you use a lift? What jobs are so much easier with that? In one of the pics, where the front fairing is off, it seems like you'd need a ladder to work on an elevated bike. I'm sure by my questions you can tell I've never used a lift. I'm not dissing them. I'm genuinely ignorant of their benefits.

·
Premium Member
2003 GL1800
2,612 Posts
Why do you use a lift? What jobs are so much easier with that? In one of the pics, where the front fairing is off, it seems like you'd need a ladder to work on an elevated bike. I'm sure by my questions you can tell I've never used a lift. I'm not dissing them. I'm genuinely ignorant of their benefits.

Oil changes, brake services, suspension services, wheel and tire services, the list goes on and on. Mainly they're great because you don't have to work from the fetal position on the floor.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
When your knees get old enough. LOL You will see it's many advantages. :grin2: I don't use mine for oil changes but it makes more time consuming things like valve checks and adjustments a lot more comfortable. I don't change a rear wheel without using it. It also makes changing a rear drive a whole lot easier.

Reactions: cycledude and Drair
1 - 20 of 34 Posts