GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are leaving for Yellowstone tomorrow bright and early, can't wait.

Our Tag-A-Long trailer is very full. What tire pressure should I run in it?

Thanks

·
Registered
216 Posts
I just bought one myself last weekend and was getting ready to post the same question.

I could've swore one of the guys in another post said 20 lbs. that can't be right. I think the tag on the trailer tongue said 60 lbs.

·
Registered
183 Posts
A lot of folks run 25 psi in their 8" and 12" tires. I personally run 23 in my 6 ply 12" tires and get even wear.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Everyone,

We just returned from our trip to Yellowstone this evening. The trailer was wonderful the entire time. I ran 55 psi in the tires.

At some points in South Dakota and Montana we ran 80 mph for extended periods of time and the trailer just 'tagged-along'. Sorry, just had to say that.

Seriously, this is the first time I've pulled a trailer and I had some reservations about doing so. On the road I really, truly couldn't tell it was back there. Slowing down there was a slight difference; accelerating there wasn't any difference, but then I don't accelerate hard.

All in all, I love that little trailer.

·
Registered
57 Posts
an easy way to set your tires at the right psi.

on flat concrete wet your tires with trailer loaded start around 25 PSI

pull the trailer and now look at the water marks it has left on the cement

let out a few Lb. and do it again ..... keep doing this till your tires leave a nice full flat tread marks

now you should be good to go as your using the full face of the tire your not over inflated or under

and I'm not telling what i run in my tires as I'm sure most of you will all tell me i been burning in a fiery crash for years

Good luck and enjoy the ride

Dray

1 - 8 of 8 Posts