GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody replaced their bearings on a HF trailer? I want to buy a set just to take along with me. My trailer has about 25k on it since putting it together and I have never done a thing with it as far a bearings go since.

·
IronMan
17,638 Posts
I havent for that trailer but others try northern tool or tractor supply . If ya got number on bearing mite be able to order "timken " brand online or auto parts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I changed bearings with timkens also. Funny thing is after 17k miles I pulled out there originals... They were timkens! I lost a bearing seal so that killed one of them. I don't have the number with me though. BTW mine for very tight, changing them on the road might have been a problem depending on the tools you carry.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Reactions: Capt. Bob

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, @Breezly. I do carry enough tools to do the bearings on the road but mostly I want them in case one fails in a remote place where they would be impossible to find.:eek:4:

Reactions: PastoT and number18

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
I wonder if those bearing #s are the same for my Ultra-tow unit from Northern tool. Mine are new but heading to Fla. on Thursday and a spare sounds nice. I guess I should have checked before I repacked them.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have called Harbor freight and ordered extra bearings and seals and they shipped them to me. Believe that was just before Wing Ding last year. So give them a try. Hope they still have them!!!

·
IronMan
17,638 Posts
i wonder if those bearing #s are the same for my ultra-tow unit from northern tool. Mine are new but heading to fla. On thursday and a spare sounds nice. I guess i should have checked before i repacked them.
northern tool stocks those i think …….if your close to one ?? Dont think you are ? Most trailers if keep them greased are not an issue !

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Spoke to Nor Tool and they don't sell the bearings for the tow behind trailer. They do sell the entire hub as a unit. $38.00 plus shp and tax.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts