GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Harbor F trailer 480 by 12inch tires calls for 60 lbs air pressure.
Has anyone ran with 45 lbs? I thought this might stop some of the hard bouncing I get. I took out the middle spring. The tailer is so light, and probably willnot carry more than 200lbshttp://bigbikeriders.com/photopost/data/500/6383BikeTrailer2-med.jpg

·
Registered
268 Posts
I run 25 lbs in mine. The main concern is for the tire not to run hot. If you can hold your hand on the surface of the tire tread, it is not too hot. Run it up to 70/75 mph for about 30 minutes, then check it. I make it a habit to check the tread temp when I stop for fuel. By the way, nice trailer. Take Care George

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Looks like the same size tire that is on my Hannigan. 25 lbs is all it needs. rides cool even at 250lbs. I started at 40 and worked my way down.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Texan said:
I run 25 lbs in mine. The main concern is for the tire not to run hot. If you can hold your hand on the surface of the tire tread, it is not too hot. Run it up to 70/75 mph for about 30 minutes, then check it. I make it a habit to check the tread temp when I stop for fuel. By the way, nice trailer. Take Care George
+ 1 thats the idea dont let the tire get HOT!!!!!!..chuck. PS goes for the bike tires also

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I run 30 psi, the tires on the bike get hotter than the trailer tires, we own a Piggy, which similar to the HF..
did 1200- 1300 mile ride loaded, had no problems..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts