GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this board. Just order a Titanium 1800 ABS. Dealer said it's coming in May2nd. Very excited, SO is even more excited (gotta love it). :D
Anyway. This is the my first bike with audio capabilities. I'm already planning on Amp, new speaker...etc. I have Sirius in my car and really want get it for the bike. I know must of you folks have XM, but I'm sticking with Sirius, it's awesome. Love to get some Sirius feedback.
I'll be at Americade, so I'd like to see an example if possible.

Thanks
Rob

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Dang, Rob - it must be tough waiting! Congratulations and welcome to the board!

I can't help you much w/your question, just wanted to welcome you.

Enjoy your shopping and let us know what you install. :lol:

·
Registered
810 Posts
Sirius

Rob:

Like you, I have Sirius. In my case,, I have it in my Yukon and also have it on my Goldwing.

My initial install was to mount the cradle on the bike just below the radio. I removed the Goldwing plate and mounted through there. The antenna was on the hump coming down from the passenger seat.

Recently I looked for a change and fabricated my own gadge mount and mounted the sat radio cradle on the left side above the handlebar. The antenna is inside the trunk above the remote control unit.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Sirius

Rob

I have had the Sirius system on my 1800 from day one. I have the Jensen unit and I mounted the receiver in the trunk where the CD player would normally go.

I started off with the antenna in the top on the trunk but later relocated it to the outside. We found the when the "Boss" had her "Talking Bear" on the luggage and her in the seat it blocked the signal when we were riding south. I then took the antenna out of the trunk and mounted it on the spoiler between the bears legs and bars on the rack. Works great and one has to really look hard to see it. Does not look bad at all.

The Jensen has a corded remote control which I first mounted on the right speaker using Velcro.

I have since mounted a "Texlent" bar on the bike and have all my toys (GPS, Cell, Cassette player, remote control), and mounted on it.

Hope this helps but you did not state what type receiver you had.

With all the "Stuff" we have on the bike we feel the top three as far as improving the enjoyment of the ride are:

1. "Mic-Mutes"
2. FM radio
3. Sheepskin pad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts