GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got a Wing. 2018 Airbag turned my head and a test ride on dealers DCT bike finalized it. I am 66 and retired and this was my retirement present to myself, and my wife. I am glad she likes to ride with me. Great co-pilot. Previous bikes: Yamaha 360 Enduro, CL 175 Honda, Dual Sport 600 Honda, XLV 600 Honda TransAlp, 1977 BMW R100 RS. I now also own a Honda CB 500X. It is my Hooligan bike.
5 years as an EMT Intermediate on the local Rescue Squad. 13 years in North Carolina Army National Guard. Desert Storm.
I am blessed to have a great group to ride every Wednesday morning. 42 miles to meet them at a restaurant where we have breakfast. About 6 or 7 young men, and I happen to be the youngest. Then we ride somewhere for lunch. 150 - 400 miles round trip. Love it. I have also taken my wife, son-in-law, and grandson along a few times.
16,000 fundelicious miles. Great Forum. I have been a lurker for 2 years. Learn something new from you folks every day.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Congratulations Roamer. Here's to many enjoyable rides on your new Wing. Also, thank you for your service!

Desert Shield, Desert Storm Veteran, although we weren't in country... only our ordinance was...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congratulations Roamer. Here's to many enjoyable rides on your new Wing. Also, thank you for your service!

Desert Shield, Desert Storm Veteran, although we weren't in country... only our ordinance was...
Thank You. My job was moving ammo dumps up the East coast of Arabia. Drove a 22 wheeler.

·
Premium Member
1,396 Posts
Welcome from SE Idaho, and thanks for your service!!! Congrats on the new Wing, ride safe and keep the shiny side up. :D

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Welcome aboard. Great riding state you live in.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Welcome from the Charlotte area.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts