GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been so busy working all summer that I've rarely checked the board,but I'm now sitting in the Anchorage airport on my way home.Feels good after putting in over 1200 hours in the last three months.

Did I miss anything?

You guys in the NW got anything planned? I still can't do any long rides until I get my neck fixed,but a lunch run someplace could be a good idea.

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
Jeff.........good to see you back again.......

Nothing new here-----

Gained a few, lost a few....... :wink:

·
Registered
21,025 Posts
you make a nice 3 month fishing trip sound like work :D

welcome home and good luck with the neck !

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
:shock:

Jeff,
Neck fixed, did ya stick it out too far or what??? Doesn't sound conducive for any fun, motorcyclin' or otherwise :roll: :twisted: !!!

Good to hear ya survived all that fun in Alaska. :wink:

:flg:

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hi Jeff, welcome back. Long time since I have seen you. Last Sept I think on a Mt St Helens run. Hope you can shake your neck problems soon and get back to some serious riding time.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Good to hear from you! Let me know when you want to do a lunch ride and I am sure that I can scare up some good and not so good company!

Glad you are coming home.

Redeye

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
WELCOME HOME, :D :D :D time for lunch to TOBYS !!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
I'm hungry almost everyday :chef2: :eat1: :eat2:

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Welcome back to the lower 48!!

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
HI Jeff

Kathy & I are riding to Yellowstone park, leaving YVR on September 11th just after lunch. We had planned on going to Osyoos the first night then along the 2005 2.5 route eastbound to Coleville. However with the forest fires and smoke in that area it looks like we might try Hwy20 to Winthrop instead.
Then again, the wind might shift and make that route too smokey as well which means we'd do Steven's Pass (Hwy 2) eastbound.
I'm sending this from the YVR airport (H-U-G-E computer crash with the flight ops/dispatch system and no Air Canada Jazz flights have left for 6 hours). You are probably heading south at this moment so I will see your reply in two days whe I get home.

Take Care,

John S.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
John,keep me apprised of your plan,maybe lunch will be in order somewhere along the way. I took the bike out for a few miles today,so I know it works!
Damn neck isn't so good though...

If anyone else has a lunch plan,let's hear it..

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
REDEYE said:
Good to hear from you! Let me know when you want to do a lunch ride and I am sure that I can scare up some good and not so good company!

Glad you are coming home.

Redeye
And not so good company, huh, Jeff - I heard that. Why don't you guys come down here for lunch..... We are going to lunch in Idaho in October and hopefully this year we will actually "eat" lunch......

Glad you are home again Jeff, enjoy this time and hope you have some fantastic rides.

DaleC

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We are going to lunch in Idaho in October and hopefully this year we will actually "eat" lunch......
Horsehoe Bend?
Missed that last year.
I think I can make it this year,assuming my neck is fixed.....

·
Registered
759 Posts
lunch in Disneyland would work for me..... :p :p :p what the hell did u do to your neck????

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tanker said:
lunch in Disneyland would work for me..... :p :p :p what the hell did u do to your neck????
I have a pinched nerve due to some disc degeneration.

On my doctor's advice,we did the 2.5 in the car in May and cancelled the Alaska trip.
Rode about 120 miles yesterday,and it didn't feel so good.

I have a MRI scheduled for Tuesday to see how much it's deterioated,and what can be done these days.

·
Registered
759 Posts
sorry to hear that Jeff....I have had pinched nerves myself and they suck. hope all goes well for you. I am going into the hospital soon myself for a tumor removal...benign...rather nasty bugger...back of the neck and quite large now...just call me quasi motto.... :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts