GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am new to the board. This is my first post, I have been sitting back and reading quite a bit. Have picked up very useful information, as well as gotten a few laughs. I do have to say there are alot of nice looking 1800's posted on this page. However I do not own an 1800 yet, I am quite happy with my 1500. But I plan to have an 1800 with in the next couple of years. This page is very impressive and it is alot of fun. :)

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Welcome

But remember, hanging out here can make you spend your money sooner. New 1800. Lots of accessories. Lots of rides. Hope you have fun here like the rest of us do, and even more fun on the road!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Welcome to our crazy little exit on the information superhighway!!

If you haven't ridden an 1800 yet and are just basing your goal of having one on looks and what you have read... DON'T RIDE ONE!!! Too many have made that mistake!! :a13:

Don't ride it until you're ready to get one, or you'll be in trouble!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Welcome Jeff, if you've been lurking you know about the wealth of knowledge available here. A great deal of camaraderie as well with the shared interest of GL1800's and just motorcycle riding in general. Have you ridden an 1800 yet? If you haven't, get to your local dealer and take a test drive. I have a feeling if you do, the 1500 will soon be a memory.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Welcome aboard Jeff!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
new to the board

I have ridden my dads 1800 (5ross). I would have bought an 1800 if the dealership i got my 1500 at had some on the floor. But it is still a nice wing> And it does what I need it to do right now. And as far as spending money there isnt any problems there I just bought dads old trailer after he ordered his new one. :lol:

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Welcome, Jeff.

If you are "quite happy with your 1500", then do not (I repeat... do not) test ride an 1800 until you are ready to trade.

If you do, that 1500 may be going "bye-bye" quicker than you ever imagined! It happened to me, and it has happened to *many* others...

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
From one Jeff to another, welcome. You should pay heed to what others have said. DO NOT ride the 1800 till your ready to buy.

I purchsed mine last march after not riding ANYTHING with 2 wheels since 1987. We put 13,000 miles on her last year and plan on doing the same this year~~~~or more.

Good luck to you, hope to see you on the road~~~~~soon

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
heres some good sound finincial advice.

dont test ride a gl1800 until you are sure you want to amke new payments.

i had a 1500 and didnt like it. i went with a couple other bikes. lately i test rode an 1800 as an after thought on a slow day.

well lets just say theres a new gl 1800 in my garage.

it is so much improved over the the 1999 1500 that i had.

so until your ready, dont try one.

loren

·
Registered
368 Posts
That's right, just keep telling yourself, I like my 1500, it does everything I need a motorcycle to do, because it really is and it really does. Then run the other way anytime you're anywhere close to an 1800 demo ride. Because the 1500 really is a good motorcycle, it does anything you need a motorcycle to do. Welcome to the board. :D

S

·
0 Posts
Hi Jeff welcome!

I too thought my 1500 was all I needed until I took a 1800 for a test ride. First thing I said when the ride was over was "where do I sign" :roll:

·
Registered
979 Posts
Welcome

:D Welcome Jeff, Ride an 1800 and you will own one I guarantee it. Hell I just went to the dealer for fork oil for my 1500, the fork oil is still in the trunk of my car and an 1800 now resides in my garage LOL. But welcome anyway. :D :sw1: :sw1: :sw1:

2,732 Posts
I loved my GL1100 for a long time

I loved my GL1100 from when I bought it new in 1980 until 2001 when I walked into the Honda dealership and saw the Pearl Yellow Canyon Dancer setting there with that "come hither" look. It was all over. Didn't even ride it before I paid for it and mounted up to take her home. I went home, told my wife that "I was in Love" and before she could throw the rolling pin at me, quicky added that it was a new motorcycle that I was in love with. Of course, she didn't understand how a motorcycle (just a motorcycle!!!)could get me so worked up. Of course, I still think she sees it as competition but has accepted it into the family triangle. Anyway, I had travelled all the highways down both coasts, highways along both borders, into Mexico & Canada with the 1100 (The Shadow) and thought I'd never give it up. Actually wish I'd have kept it as it would be nice to have it in the garage for memories. Oh well......! :yw1:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Jeff,

Welcome aboard. Get the 1800 when you are ready, or hold out for something different. As long as you are riding, is all that counts.

Bulldog

·
Registered
188 Posts
welcome aboard jeff..i will also say that you REALLY dont want to take a demo ride on an 1800 till you got the $$ to spend..i took that advise to heart for a couple of years and went and sold my 1200 as i was buying my first 1800 without even taking it for a test ride. best thing i ever did..sure i miss my old ride but i put a couple of hundred miles on before the cold weather moved in and now it's really killing me watching her sit there just waiting for a nice day to go out.. :roll:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Jeff,

I'm new here too. Great bunch of knowledgable folks. Hope to have my 04 GL next month.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks Bulldog................looking forward to being able to contribute something down the pike. Can't wait till I can do some riding.
Great site.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts