GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, just thought I'd pop in for a moment to update everyone on old Mesquite Bob. Really miss the riding now that I'm "bikeless." Just got over a bout of pneumonia which was preceded by having two stents put in to open up a blocked artery. Once we got the meds straightened out, I feel a LOT better. Trust all you old timers (time on the board, not necessarily age-wise) are doing well. Keep riding safe, ya'all!

Mesquite Bob

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,676 Posts
Great to hear from you, Bob. Glad you are healthy. Sorry to hear you are bikeless. Don't stay away so long between posts. Miss your calm voice and wonderful demeanor.

Take care.

·
Gold Member
1,425 Posts
Don't be such a stranger Bob! Many folks take kindly to your contributions to this board.

Bradford

·
Registered
32 Posts
Glad to hear your doing well. We talked about in Kerrville; were your ears burning? Keep us up to date on what your doing ok?

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Nice hearing from you Bob.
I was just thinking the other day on what happen to some of the old riders that we never hear from any more.
No news is never good news

I was always interested in your purchasing a silverwing and your postings about how it compared with a Goldwing.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
:congrats::clap2::clap2::capwin::yes::beer3:

:biker:

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Mr. Bob

VERY good to hear from you Mr. Bob we talked about you at the Kerriville gathering and most said they would like to hear from you . I guess we must of put a mojo on you . I have missed riding with you on every trip / gathering and think of you often maybe we could get together soon for dinner one evening. May the Lord continue to bless you my good friend.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
What are the odds? This morning I was bored and surfing around the message board and started thinking about those that don't post anymore and your name came to mind.
Its good hearing from you.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Hey Bob, good to hear from you.

There's no question the board misses your maturity and sense. If I'd have dropped out at the same time they might have broken even.

I was thinking about you the other day when someone was talking windshields. I'm still happy with my Xtall, and still take abuse from these clowns at every meeting for my "barn door". ;)

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
Good to see you posting again Bob.

Good on getting your meds straightened out. We are becoming high maintenance. Don't stay away.

·
Registered
20,946 Posts
great to hear from you Bob !

have you ever considered trying a Can Am Spyder ? price seems reasonable and resale value is great, i think it would be a great ride for you

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Hey you Old Anchor Clanker,

Meesh and I talk about you weekly (fondly). Just today, we were looking at your picture, that is posted on the Catscade Website.

Your John Deere seat is safe and sound in the new and improved Garage.

I still believe that you owe me a six pack of Diet Coke. I am as well sure, that you want to pay me back, but you just can't figure out how to do it....LOL

Bob, you are in both mine and Meesh's heart, always.

Pick up the phone and give us a call on our toll free # anytime.

Be well friend !

Bulldog & Meesh

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Aaaahhhh....

It is so refreshing to "hear" that calming voice again. Mr. Bob your are always thought of and spoke of in the the warmest regards. I hope this isn't a one time post. I would love to see you back in the mix.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Hey Bob, great to hear from you!

Sorry to hear you were having troubles and glad to hear they've been resolved.

Recent events with the Seals had me thinking about some of our conversations about Vietnam. They made us proud to have been in the Navy.

S

·
0 Posts
Bob ? Bob ? Oh it's just BOB ! Talk about a blast from the past , never know who is going to show up next .

Glad to hear the old bod's still working for you . Take care ! :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts