GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine has a pair of fingerless gloves he uses over other gloves that have hi viz yellow on the backside and hi-viz orange on the palm. They are made of a stretch cloth so no real protection, but can be seen really well when he gives hand signals.

Does anyone know who makes these or where one might purchase them?

·
Administrator
4,572 Posts
I'm sure there is a smart-a$$ remark about "when he gives hand signals.
" but I'm not goin' to touch it! Good luck with your search. BB

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Not interested, but how about a high vis condom, slip that over the middle hand signal. :joke::joke::joke::joke: Now that would have possibilities. :tongue::tongue:

Just messing around.........anything that can help you cannot hurt you.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I don't know about fingerless gloves, but I have a pair of OSI Cool Gloves in fluorescent yellow that I am quite pleased with.

http://www.osi-sports.com/janddwalter/osisports/osi/gloves/new-cool-gloves-flor-yellow.html

The back of the gloves is almost entirely yellow mesh, and the rest is black leather. They fit me well, and are are well ventilated. It turns out they have the same glove in fluorescent orange, too, and other styles in the same colors.

I picked them up at the local Honda dealer for under $30.

I know Harley has some fluorescent orange gloves in fingerless and full-finger styles.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Mechanics gloves

A friend of mine has a pair of fingerless gloves he uses over other gloves that have hi viz yellow on the backside and hi-viz orange on the palm. They are made of a stretch cloth so no real protection, but can be seen really well when he gives hand signals.

Go to Menards, Home Depot or Lowes. They should have Hi-Viz gloves. They will have full fingers but you can still get things out of you pocket and billfold without taking them off. They aren't fingerless but if you own a pair of scissors you can make them that way. I personally don't understand the fingerless glove.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
There's a place in Clinton TN, called "Hammers". Last time I was in there, they had 2 or 3 bins of Hi Vis gloves for like $3 a pair. I believe they were for recovery vehicle drivers, directing traffic, or for people who work school zones. They were good for visibility but not for protection.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Buy a pair of bright orange "BENGALS" gloves, there are probably thousands of them still in the stores. 4-12-0 in 2010:roll:

·
Registered
905 Posts
I'm sure there is a smart-a$$ remark about "when he gives hand signals.
" but I'm not goin' to touch it! Good luck with your search. BB

you just did.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Yes! GLO GLOVES, here:

http://www.gloglov.com/USA/index.html

These are the ones that police and crossing guards use. We got our Glo Gloves online from there. My wife doesn't even take hers off of her riding gloves. When we ride two-up she does all of the signaling for me.

She uses the green directional arrow side on turns and lane changes, and also uses the red STOP side when we are stopping to keep the cager tailgaters off of our butt. IMO they really help with increasing your visibility on the road.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
The big question here is... Why...If they can't see your headlights then they are never going to see your hands behind your mirrors....:shrug:

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
The big question here is... Why...If they can't see your headlights then they are never going to see your hands behind your mirrors....:shrug:
These hand signals are primarily intened for the morons BEHIND you.

We find that they really help with that, paricularly with 9 out of 10 cagers driving distracted these days.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Just get the tron suit and keep it plugged into your bike.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
OSI Cool Gloves SUCK!!! Turns my palms black every time I use them. Must be the cheap dye they use.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts