GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I am having fits trying to decide what kind of hiway pegs to buy for my 2010 Wing. I want something that looks not out of place on the bike and will give me a place to at least occasionally place my boots rather then the standard pegs. I know that many of you like the ****-O-Pegs but I am having a bit of an issue paying $300 for a set.

What others are out there that you guys like? Feel free to send me a PM if you have a set for sale at an attractive price.

As always, all replies are appreciated!

Russ

·
Registered
686 Posts
Hi Guys

I am having fits trying to decide what kind of hiway pegs to buy for my 2010 Wing. I want something that looks not out of place on the bike and will give me a place to at least occasionally place my boots rather then the standard pegs. I know that many of you like the ****-O-Pegs but I am having a bit of an issue paying $300 for a set.

What others are out there that you guys like? Feel free to send me a PM if you have a set for sale at an attractive price.

Russ
After fiddling with the Kury Ergo line (6" arm, then 4" arm and finally the Mini arms) I can say I am mostly satisfied with the Minis. However, given the total cost of the replacement arms to get to this point, could have bought the ****-O-Pegs.

The Mini arms are acceptable with the arms parallel with the horizontal engine guard. One click lower is perfect, but I can rub it in hard cornering, so am hesitant to use it except on long highway-only trips. The ****-O-Pegs eliminate the issue with rubbing in corners.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Kury Ergo's with the 4" arms work for my 6'-2" frame w/32" inseam.:coffee1:
These are what I have and enjoy them I am 5'10" with 33 inseam work just fine :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
The Aeropegs are the only road pegs that aren't "hung on a rail" and actually looked like they were part of the bike's design. They were expensive, some didn't like the fit, some didn't like the way the person did business...but they are not available at this time anyway, so it is a mute point.

Used Aeropegs do show up from time to time....but the Kury Ergo II is probably gonna be your best selection, if you are in a hurry. Sold mine a few weeks ago and the used price range is usually between $100 and $150.

·
Registered
814 Posts
In order to help I would like to share my experience with you. When I purchased the bike I purchased the Kury Ergo IIs at the same time. After riding for awhile, I found that the main issue was the bottom of the pegs would scrape when I was riding the twisties aggressively and leaning the bike pretty far over. I'm not talking about the bottom of the actual foot pegs or arms, it was the bottom of the assembly that is bolted on the horizintal engine guard. After hitting the pavement a few times, I became nervous and couldn't enjoy riding through the curves. I further tested this by placing a board on the ground under the pegs. When I lifted the board toward the pegs on the one side of the bike, I could see that it made contact with the bottom of the part of the peg that bolts on to the engine guard before anything else. Not good. After spending money on the Ergos, I ended up selling them for a loss and bought the Mics - I have the GQs which mount on the front vertical bards. Now I can lean far over and no scraping, no worrying. I should have bought these to start with but I didn't because of the price. Some riders are OK with the Ergo IIs because of their riding style, but if you are the type of rider to ride the curves and lean your bike over, check out the clearance of the bottom of the peg.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Im 6' 2" and I would not want anything but the Kury Ergo II! I think that I have the best of both worlds with these.They are high and tight so that I can lean well over in the corners, I have never had them drag but I have dragged my footpegs. You have to think outside the box sometimes with highway pegs. I find the more different positions that I can go with my legs the longer I can ride comfortably. I like riding with my feet on the footpegs and then when I want a change, I put my feet on the highway pegs, if I then want another change and need to completely straighten my knees out, I lay the backs of my ankles over the highway pegs with my feet hanging out front. That is a real relief after a lot of miles. With 3 different positions, my legs never get cramped or stiff. I can ride from fuel stop to fuel stop without a problem with my legs. That is why I went with the Kury Ergo IIs, they have a comfortable rounded pad that the backs of my ankles fit comfortably. The pegs with the foot out line would proclude you from straighting out your knees unless you have really short legs.
Here are the ones I have and really like them:

http://directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=3231&str=4

·
Banned
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi Guys

Russ
When you take in 2 considerations , the first being scraping while in tight corners and the second , damage from the pegs to the valve covers if the bike tips over, I found the **** O Pegs to be the only choice, like they say pay me now or pay me latter , I tend to like to pay in advance while I know what it will really cost to join the club.:eek:4:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Kury Ergo II's

Kury Ergo II's are on my to do list for my '07 Wing. I had the Kury Ergo/ISO's on my '04 Wing (already on bike) and I couldn't stand the looks of the ISO boards, sorry but they look "GAY" as Matt would say :cool: ****-O-Pegs are just not for me. I was looking at a Wing with ****-O-Pegs but I didn't know that's what they were and I asked the owner if He fabricated them himself (because that's how cheesy they look) and he had some choice things to say to me (not good things either). Honestly IMO, the ****-O-Pegs look like a nicely chromed home made contraption that "JUNKS" up the Wing :eek:4: OK, flame suit on :22yikes:

·
Registered
589 Posts
I'll say it again...I won't do any more business with Kury. The chrome peels/bubbles off (on my expensive trunk rack) and they would not stand behind their product.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Chrome can be a fickle finish

I'll say it again...I won't do any more business with Kury. The chrome peels/bubbles off (on my expensive trunk rack) and they would not stand behind their product.
Sometimes chrome will do that. I had a set of Show Chrome exhaust turn downs and after only 16 months, the chrome literally just rolled right off only on the right side turn down, left side was fine. Why? Don't have a clue. Show chrome only guarantees their chrome for 6 months so I am very reluctant to order another set though Show Chrome turn downs are the best looking, have Kury tips now. I won't do another luggage rack on any bike, always end up with cracked trunk lids. I have had many Kury items and if you keep the chrome clean, it shouldn't go bad.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Those do look good but I noticed that they dont come with pegs. If that is the case, what pegs did you use with yours?
No pegs included but that is what I liked also, gave me choices of what I wanted to put on.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
When you take in 2 considerations , the first being scraping while in tight corners and the second , damage from the pegs to the valve covers if the bike tips over, I found the **** O Pegs to be the only choice, like they say pay me now or pay me latter , I tend to like to pay in advance while I know what it will really cost to join the club.:eek:4:

My Kury's do not scrape and I have dropped my bike a few years ago a few times and they did not damage the valve covers. I also lay my bike on the side to install the tire without taking the Kury's off, no damage.

http://directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=3231&str=4

·
Registered
876 Posts
After fiddling with the Kury Ergo line (6" arm, then 4" arm and finally the Mini arms) I can say I am mostly satisfied with the Minis. However, given the total cost of the replacement arms to get to this point, could have bought the ****-O-Pegs.

The Mini arms are acceptable with the arms parallel with the horizontal engine guard. One click lower is perfect, but I can rub it in hard cornering, so am hesitant to use it except on long highway-only trips. The ****-O-Pegs eliminate the issue with rubbing in corners.
I went throught the exact same senario as you have trying to get comfortable. Pushing hard through a set of technical tight twisties, I hit a dip in a tight turn that pushed me down hard onto the end of the mini arm lifting the front wheel off the ground sending me into the other lane.:eek:4: I had the mini arms adjusted to be parallel and not lower than the crash bar. I came home, took off the Kury's and ordered the Mic O Pegs and I am so glad I did. Not only do I not have the issue of the arms digging into the ground, but I am comfortable enough now for tank to tank runs and 700-800 mile days are a piece of cake.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts