GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if there is a way to add a little ground clearance to the 06 wing? It is a little shy at times.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I had the same issue and want. I installed a Valkyrie 70 series tire; that added about 1/2" LOADED ground clearance. If you go this route and advertise it here, be ready for flaming by the OEM "Purists" who stalk this board. I have come to believe they receive payment on commission from Mother-Honda for each non-OEM-part user they identify on this board. :idea:

I'm waiting for the H-A-G (Honda-America Gestapo) to arrive and carry me away... :roll:

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Progressive springs..............a good Traxxion once over will do it some good IMO.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I can contact a few on the Jeep boards and see what ideas they come up with. :D :D

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I put on Progressive springs fore & aft. Raised it up enough that it made the sidestand seem too short.. ;) Added a 70 series rear tire, and it seems almost the right height for me. ;)

·
Registered
16,978 Posts
rsol said:
Anyone know if there is a way to add a little ground clearance to the 06 wing? It is a little shy at times.
I usta scrape my pegs down into the rubber and scraped frequently. Pat of the trouble was me - I was setting-up the curves poorly and using too low of a suspension number. Part of it was the bike. I practiced setting-up my curves with help form several pards here. I put on a 70 rear tire, I replaced my front springs were way out of spec with the Progressive brand (just before Max came on teh scene with his products). I put the Progressive on the rear too for a 20% stronger rate. I have to really try to scrape the little acorns now. Way better. If my rich uncle gets out of the poor house I am going for the works with Max.

prs

·
Registered
7,616 Posts
Just keep at it. Sooner or later you'll grind enough hard stuff offa the wing to get better clearance. :wink:

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
Use Traxxion and then a 70 rear...you 'll need an oxygen tank to breath at that high of an altitude...70 alone give you plenty of clearance...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts