GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on a magazine article submission and I need to do a night photo session using a GL1800 with H7 low beam HID lighting installed. I have lined up a couple of GL1800's with stock low beam halogen lamps. Still need a HID equipped GL1800, are there any GL1800’s in the South Seattle, Tacoma, Olympia area who could help me out? This shouldn't take more the 15 or 20 minutes to setup and get the shots. I want to get night photo shots comparing Wings with stock lighting and HID lighting together. I will fill your Wing's tank for your trouble..... Thanks.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Look forward to your article. I was at Wing Ding and they were pushing them pretty hard and since i really didnt need a headlight i could'nt convince myself to spend the money..

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Look forward to your article. I was at Wing Ding and they were pushing them pretty hard and since i really didnt need a headlight i could'nt convince myself to spend the money..
Thanks, I've been trying for a couple of months.. hard to believe that there are no GL1800's running HID lowbeams in this area... weird... even with a free fill up.... nada...

·
Registered
513 Posts
I'd be more than happy to give you a hand with this but I'm not yet qualified. The HID lights sit in a box awaiting installation. :eek:4:

Gotta find some way to commit more time to my motorcycling maintenance needs.

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
Once you've installed HID lights in your bike . . . WOW is all I can say! Those suckers are bright! Wish I had put mine in sooner! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I was at Wing Ding and they were pushing them pretty hard ..
Kinda that same thing at WingDing Iowa last year. They were pushing them REAL hard at $295 (?) + $75 install.

Not too many biters.

Went with DDM's at $40. Do the same thing.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Bought some at Wing Ding and installed them the other day and yes I really do like them much better than OEM. Oh yeah, $150 out the door. I don't have to run my fairing lights anymore therefore saving 150 watts draw from the battery.

Didn't mean to highjack your thread.

·
Banned
1,911 Posts
Thanks, I've been trying for a couple of months.. hard to believe that there are no GL1800's running HID lowbeams in this area... weird... even with a free fill up.... nada...

Too bad ...I'll be in Tacoma on fri but have to be back by 2 pm I have hids installed ....come on up and take all the pics you want!!!!
Anyone who doubts this install has not seen how great a difference they make Soooo worth it if you are out at night!!!!
Although that being said the stock wing lighting is far from shabby probably the best on any vehicle I've had!!!!

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
The ones they were selling at Wing Ding were STUPID priced. You can buy them for about $50 from DDM Tuning and they work great!

·
Registered
467 Posts
If you can't find anyone local, I live in Eugene, OR and could come up if I know ahead of time when you want to do this. Any excuse for a ride.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'd be more than happy to give you a hand with this but I'm not yet qualified. The HID lights sit in a box awaiting installation. :eek:4:

Gotta find some way to commit more time to my motorcycling maintenance needs.
I think you just found someone to help you install them so he can take the pictures :congrats:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts