GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all..I am looking at getting some HID lights for my wing & was woundering if someone had a good source for them...Thanks.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Forum member Bluewoo was big on hid's, but he doesn't post much anymore. You might either try to do a search or shoot him an email. Good luck

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have hids in my goldwing, both high and low beams, had them in my VTX, and have placed hids in my all of my automobiles for years now. What a world of difference.

The price has come down some on the 55w kits and that is the way I would go. I have 55w in the gw's high beam and when the dollar situation improves, I plan on converting the 35w low beams to 55w. One thing I would consider is adding the power relay to my purchase.

S

·
0 Posts
I have purchased over eight different kits to date and from various vendors . There are so many out there now it is staggering , many come and go and even re-open under a different name .
You will find prices all over the map as well , ranging from $50-$700 .
As a general rule look where they are made , cheepos usually from China , reboxed a zillon times , take your chances . Watch for the sales pitch that says German technology , but are knock off's .
Those made in Japan seem to be a fair compromise , expect to pay $250-$350 for a decent set .

The best is Philips ignightors with Oshram Capsuls , but expect to pay $700 +

Do not buy the Motorcycle kit , they are at least double for a little extra wire that you don't really need .
Make/use a new supply harness c/w a relay if you want to do the install correct , but I know some don't and haven't had any issues , yet . ;)
Buy the 4000ish kelvin bulbs , they give the whitest light .

Check my posts there has been a ton of info on this , to date I have converted both Hi and Low beams , includung the OEM fog lights to HID's .
I will never go back to stock , and personally think it is only a matter of time before HID's become standard equipment of every new vehicle made , they are that good ! Yes the OEM lights are prety good but these are WAY better !

Hope this helps get you started and good luck with your conversion . :cool:

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks.. I will chceck on the above mentioned things..Such as make.& ignightors....It is hare to decide on a kit ..as some have said there are alot of them out there..Time for some more research..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts