Registered
531 Posts
I have the goldwinghids . So far no trouble, really light up the road

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
ddmtuning

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-35W-55W-Dual-Motorcycle-HID-Kit

I and my riding partner got the 35 W, 4500 K sets. Works great. One of his ballasts was electrically noisy, they replaced under their lifetime warranty (we paid for shipping the old one back).

Easy to install, various threads on this. I think they use the same supplier as most of the other sellers, they gave me good customer service.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have the goldwinghids. Got them last year at Wingding. Made to fit and very high quality. Talked to them at this years Wingding, they have lowered the price and made the ballasts even smaller. Three other people that I ride with liked them, so they have installed them in there Goldwings. No failures and they come right back on when starting the bike.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I bought the goldwinghids at wing ding and so far they are great. A buddy bought some at the same time. When he installed them one was blue and the other was white. He contacted the company and they are sending him 2 new bulbs so they will match. Seems like good support.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I purchased the goldwinghids at wing ding this year. they were easy to install they are a plug and play system. the lights look blue when first started but turn bright white in a short time. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I myself prefer projectors...HIDS on steroids :rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
I have the goldwinghids . So far no trouble, really light up the road

:agree: I also have them. Great lights & great customer service! :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
#? on the Goldwinghids. So far(since WingDing) thet are good. Easy install and good customer service.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I have had them for 3 to 6 months ,like him very much ,I had a ballast blow out last week ,called goldwing hid ,and he said you have a 2 year warranty ,so no problem new balance on the way ,have not received it yet but customer service seems to be there . that is from goldwinghids

·
Registered
97 Posts
OK, you guys are about to take me down with you! Been toying with the idea of changing low beams to HID's on the 1800 for two years but now it's beginning to sound like there's a reliable easy way to do it with these lights.

Is everyone putting them on the low beam side and leaving high beams with the regular bulbs?

I have the CB and use the intercom and see some postings on other HID conversions(not this one in particular) that indicates problems with interference generated by the HID's on the CB and intercom. Anyone with experience using these with the CB/intercom?

What are the HID Projector's that Big Al is posting about.

Does anyone have an HID replacement for the cowl mounted fog lights? What I'd really like to have as well as HID for the headlights is a HID light for the cowl mounted lights that can be aimed and that throws a true fog light beam(i.e flat beam as contrasted to driving light beam).

Thanks for your input.

Dan

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I bought mine from DDM tuning and went with 35 watt 5000K LUMENS FOR A CLEAN WHITE LIGHT. Very easy install and was less than $60 shipped to me for the pair.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK, you guys are about to take me down with you! Been toying with the idea of changing low beams to HID's on the 1800 for two years but now it's beginning to sound like there's a reliable easy way to do it with these lights.

Is everyone putting them on the low beam side and leaving high beams with the regular bulbs?

I have the CB and use the intercom and see some postings on other HID conversions(not this one in particular) that indicates problems with interference generated by the HID's on the CB and intercom. Anyone with experience using these with the CB/intercom?

What are the HID Projector's that Big Al is posting about.

Does anyone have an HID replacement for the cowl mounted fog lights? What I'd really like to have as well as HID for the headlights is a HID light for the cowl mounted lights that can be aimed and that throws a true fog light beam(i.e flat beam as contrasted to driving light beam).

Thanks for your input.

Dan
That was another question I had: Can HIDs be installed in the Cowl lights? If so, how is this done? Any brand suggestions?

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Does anyone have any input on my question about interference from the HID's on the CB/Intercom?

Dan
no cb here but no prob. with intercom....and yes I have HIDs in the cowl lamps. retro fitted oem type (outta wrecked cars) wired to stock harness

·
Registered
654 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts