GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased Show Chrome's passenger board LED lights an am wonderiing what others have done to hide the wires that stick out under the floorboard cover (underplate). I can't believe they just lie exposed.

The directions just says to route the wires down the saddlebag crash bar and run to the (acc) fuse panel.

HELP....

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Stangro,
I'll try to word this so it is understandable. I drilled a small hole in the sidewall of the bottom cover, the piece you mount the light on. The hole is just below where the edge of the bottom and the board mate together just behind the aft hinge of the board. The wires run under the plastic piece on the frame (the piece you see behind the floorboards). You can only see about 1\2" or less of wires and really have to be looking for them. Hope this helps. Someday I'll learn how to post a pic. on this board. :lol:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Dorian_Blue said:
sdlyon5, if you want to email me the picture I can post it for you. I'm curious about it myself. [email protected]
dorian-blue you have e-mail of pictures. Thanks for posting, I'll get that figured out. :?

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
sdlyon, you have an email waiting on you.

Here are the pics:

This first picture shows where he drilled the wire exit hole in the split floor boards:

This picture shows the wires coming out of the floorboards after they have been closed:

Finally, this picture shows the wires routing under plastic piece just inboard of floorboards:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all - you can't even notice the wires.

I shrink wraped the wires going into the base then put about 4 inches of that corregated plastic tubing around the wires to further protect them.

p.s how do you post pics here ???

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
You need to upload your pics to some third party site or to the gallery on this site, then link to the pictures by clicking on "Img" when typing in your post and inserting the url to the pic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts